Android Emulator?

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone installed an Android emulator on their Surface 3 yet?

I've tried a few on PCs before but always found compatibility issues (esp with Ubisoft apps...)

Any thoughts?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts: Yeah, why bother?! If you want Android then just buy one of the HUNDREDS of really cheap, rubbish, Android devices. Why tarnish a great device with that stuff?
​Just an opinion.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Why not bother is my response... Best of both worlds. Surface is a great pc, but occasionally there are things that aren't available on PC / Windows - the ubisoft apps are a prime example.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Why not bother is my response... Best of both worlds. Surface is a great pc, but occasionally there are things that aren't available on PC / Windows - the ubisoft apps are a prime example.

DuOs is a great and in my opinion THE BEST android emulator for PC there is...

?It's smooth
?has the google play store
?and unlike Andy (which is slow,buggy,old and ugly) the android onscreen keyboard pops up when you tap on typing areas

It's literally like a full android experience... Games may lag a little but no where near as much as Andy or Bluestacks (which sucks incredibly also)

DuOs is however a one time $10 payment before it is officialy yours ,but comes with a free 30 day trial

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

?It's smooth
?has the google play store
?and unlike Andy (which is slow,buggy,old and ugly) the android onscreen keyboard pops up when you tap on typing areas

It's literally like a full android experience... Games may lag a little but no where near as much as Andy or Bluestacks (which sucks incredibly also)

DuOs is however a one time $10 payment before it is officialy yours ,but comes with a free 30 day trial

Thanks, I seem to have missed that one in my searches, so will give it a try :)

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

•It's smooth
•has the google play store
•and unlike Andy (which is slow,buggy,old and ugly) the android onscreen keyboard pops up when you tap on typing areas

Just tried it, but doesnt seem to have the play store - only the Amazon store?

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, spread that just after I posted, thanks! Certainly looks promising so far, but had to head out. Will test it fully and maybe slap down the $10 if its good!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Google also has their own thing called ARC Welder which can take an Android app and convert it into a Chrome app. I've used it with a couple of apps thus far and it works very well with some exceptions. Still very Beta though but in the future could see it being the best way to run Android apps in Windows/OSX.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
tried that last week. had an issue when an app opens a web browser for log in purposes, it wouldn't connect back to arc welder, thus some apps would be impossible to log in to.

Also, with AmiDuOs, not all games will work graphically correct, but ones that do FLY! much smoother than my tegra note 7

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Google also has their own thing called ARC Welder which can take an Android app and convert it into a Chrome app. I've used it with a couple of apps thus far and it works very well with some exceptions. Still very Beta though but in the future could see it being the best way to run Android apps in Windows/OSX.

I never heard of that. Some of my friends might like it.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Genymotion was second best I'd say, AmiDuOs seems the best so far (better than Google's own). Not a single one of them can handle the AC:Black Flag Companion app tho DuOS can play the AC:Unity one (lags a very very little tho)

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Genymotion was second best I'd say, AmiDuOs seems the best so far (better than Google's own). Not a single one of them can handle the AC:Black Flag Companion app tho DuOS can play the AC:Unity one (lags a very very little tho)
I tried to install the AmiDuOs on my surface 3, but it requires me to turn on the virtualisation technology in bios setting. Appreciate if u could share how u enter into the surface 3 bios setting..

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried to install the AmiDuOs on my surface 3, but it requires me to turn on the virtualisation technology in bios setting. Appreciate if u could share how u enter into the surface 3 bios setting..

I tried to install it on my older HP laptop (circa 2011) which is running Windows 8.1, and it errored out saying that my graphics do not support OpenGL 3.0. So far I haven't found a workaround.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro