Photos app and OneDrive zooming going crazy

sugarbowl06

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have some strangeness going on when using the Photos app to view my OneDrive photos.

1) I open the Photos app and click the down arrow to select OneDrive. The screen is updated to show my OneDrive locations, but the dropdown still says 'Pictures LIbrary'. I know from my other win 8 machines, that this should say OneDrive after selecting OneDrive from the dropdown.

2) I can view my OneDrive photos in the photos app. I can view a single photo, and I can swipe left/right to go to the next photo.. If I try to pinch and zoom a photo, the photo starts pulsating/flashing from the original view to the zoomed view.

3) if I select a single photo, and then select 'Open With' from the bottom, and select 'Windows Photo Viewer', the desktop app opens and says 'Windows photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer.'

I have found that if I go to the desktop, and navigate to c:\Users\me\onedrive\pictures\camera roll, and open the photo from there, issues #2 and #3 go away.

It seems like the photos app is not really downloading the jpg file ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss