audio crackling issue

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with the audio where it is very crackly? I noticed this 2 days ago and found that it also was crackling through the headphones. I searched and found some complaints of this on the Microsoft answers site but haven't seen widespread discussions on this issue. The only suggestion offered on Microsoft answers was to reboot. Some posters say this is only a temporary fix and the crackling returns after rebooting.

I am within my 2 weeks of purchasing the surface 3 from Best Buy and am going to exchange it in case it is a hardware problem with my device but wanted to know if this is a common problem. Any feedback on this would be helpful as I'd hate to have a second device with this issue. Thanks.

bbarth

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well, but I found out that if I turned off the audio enhancements then turned them back on it would stop. I only occasionally have this issue come back, but turning the enhancements off and then back on fixes it every time.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I must admit - TH2 made my crackling problem go away. Are you updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (1511)?

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You bet I am. Got it first day. That is the only thing that has any crackling for me. I assume it is an app-specific problem

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can safely say the crackling is gone. I don't know if it was a recent Windows update or the app update, but no crackling at all. Still love this device. I barely touch my expensive, state-of-the-art desktop anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12