07-25-2015 12:32 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    Of course it always comes down to what you will be using it for. I have an S3 and my wife has an SP3. Love the form factor and capability but it's not my only Windows PC. For serious computing and work I have Desktop PC. The S3 gives me PC functionality on the go and for non-system intensive web browsing, etc.. Much like I love my Lumia Icon and the functionality it brings. I use each where and when necessary for the job at hand. For me a Notebook would be too big for the Mobile functionality I occasionally need, and not big enough for the Desktop PC power I need then.
    07-24-2015 12:31 PM
    Of course it always comes down to what you will be using it for. I have an S3 and my wife has an SP3. Love the form factor and capability but it's not my only Windows PC. For serious computing and work I have Desktop PC. The S3 gives me PC functionality on the go and for non-system intensive web browsing, etc.. Much like I love my Lumia Icon and the functionality it brings. I use each where and when necessary for the job at hand. For me a Notebook would be too big for the Mobile functionality I occasionally need, and not big enough for the Desktop PC power I need then.
    To me the S3 is certainly a secondary device. While it does 90% or more of everything I do for work I still sometimes need more power. But for the form factor it is incredible.
    07-24-2015 09:07 PM
    I've had the surface for a week now. I really wanted the Pro3 but couldn't afford it. I want the flexibility of having a tablet that can also be a full fledge laptop. Its portability, overall design, make it more functional than a full fledge laptop. NOTE: if you're making this a primary device, ok... Maybe you'd consider something else. But for me, have a surface + type cover + pen + dock + monitor & peripherals, well... That's a winning setup. Now if cost is main focus, then maybe not something to pursue. But I feel the convenience and possibilities justify overall cost when comparing a Surface vs. Traditional notebooks/laptops.
    07-24-2015 09:43 PM
    I keep seeing this argument over and over again: "I see this [X product] does a lot of the things the Surface 3, but is cheaper, so why isn't the Surface 3 cheaper?". The answer is "...because it doesn't do all the things the Surface 3 does."

Now, I know some of you may think that such product doesn't exist, but I can assure that it does, but it is not any cheaper.

*Hint* Lenovo ThinkPad 10 (2015) *Hint*
    07-25-2015 12:32 AM
79 ... 234