10158 / 10159 Surface 3 comments?

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I finally pulled the trigger on the 10 preview with 10158 since it seems stable enough and they supposedly squashed most of the Surface 3 bugs.

So far I've run into 3 issues
1. Display adapter crashes more than I'd like. (The driver is up to date)
2. Continuum doesn't work at all. When I pop the keyboard off nothing happens even though I set it to do tablet mode. I'm using Type Cover 2 maybe that's the issue?
3. After spending extensive time in tablet mode the Start Menu won't return to desktop style when I want to go back to desktop mode. Only after a restart

I understand that it's a preview. I'm really impressed with everything else though. Even tablet mode isn't that bad. Except that taskbar thing in tablet mode needs to be fixed. (In Netflix it just stays there while watching a video).

How has the latest build been for everyone else on Surface 3?

KrisJanssen

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
My experience is pretty much the same.

Graphics driver crashes A LOT...

It seems particularly bad when browsing but that could be me.

To the point where the whole system is not really usable.

The update/install experience is also very very bad. I cannot count the time I had to re-initiate Windows update.

I am usually quite fast to use betas as my daily driver but in this case I would strongly advise against it.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to upgrade to 158 but couldn't, so I thought to rollback and then roll all the way forward. But it just seemed to install 159 instead, which looks great.

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah windows update has been a pain for me as well. I've seemed to have consolidated the graphics driver crashes to websites, specifically windows central and a few others that are I guess have a lot of animations and stuff

Does anyone have continuum working?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss