Pen with Surface 3 better Surface Pro 3 ?

Hieu Nguyen6

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Decision choice Surface 3 or Pro 3 ? I dont care much about performance CPU - GPU. Because my works on both are only word, excel, web, movie with large LCD and lecture with note (record screen). Thus, I work with pen so much but i dont know what's better ? Please help me with your experience on them. Thank you very much !

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The active digitizer on the Surface 3 and the Surface Pro 3 are the same except for the size.

The Surface Pro 3 has a screen that is 1.2 inch bigger than the Surface 3.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I find working with the pen is a little awkward with the Surface Pro 3. Haven't tried the Surface 3 yet. I think it's a little lighter also.

Hieu Nguyen6

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Surface 3 has size 10,8", it's more like paper than SP3. Handwritting on surface need more time to master on it like on paper. And, is writting with large letter accurate ?. I saw many reviews on youtube, but their script is bad.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my S3, I took my SP3 to the MS store and I compared the stylus feel on the S3 and the SP3. There was a difference, with the S3 being more comfortable or responsive. I thought I was imagining things so I asked a couple of the sales people to try it and they were surprised, too, but they felt the same thing. That's just trying one of each so it's not a good test, but I did detect a difference.

I haven't tried handwriting recognition with mine. I connect it to a projector and use it like a whiteboard when I answer my students' questions. I applied a nonglare screen protector that makes writing feel very much like writing on paper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte