AmiDuOS Users - Download Google Play Movies?

DLCPhototography

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am intrigued by the potential for AmiDuOS bringing Android compatibility to my Surface 3. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, as it is running just beautifully now, and hate to mess it up for something that might not be necessary.

Anyway, I discovered recently that with Google Play Video, I can download purchased movies to my Android Tablet, for offline viewing, but there is no option to do this with Windows. We're about to head out of town, with long flights, and it would be handy to be able to do this.

So - has anybody using AmiDuOS tried, or been able to, download purchased Google Play TV or Video files to their Windows based Surface 3?

Thanks.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used AMIDuOS on my 2GB surface 3, and it should work just fine with any Android app. However, I wouldn't recommend it to the 2GB folks, because that just isn't enough memory to run the emulator and Windows simultaneously.

DLCPhototography

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've got the 4gb Version, and so far it's run everything I've thrown at it.

I'm particularly interested in the ability to download Google Play Movies. Apps are pretty restrictive when it comes to this kind of content, and so it doesn't seem like a no-brainer that there might be some problems here.

Amazon won't allow downloading video content to any device except their own Fire and Fire HD. Android need not apply.

Google Play won't download to PC, although Android is fine.

Have you, or anyone else, specifically tried to download Google Play Movies via AMIDuOS?

Thanks again.

Don

Surface_Daniel

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded rentals and purchased movies via duos, worked great for a long airplane trip i was on. By far the best piece of software for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos