Micro SD Card slot issue

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So I just picked up an LTE Surface 3 from AT&T and so far, I'm loving it. However, I've had one issue with the micro SD cart slot. I took the 64 GB card that I had been using without issue in my Lumina 2520 tablet and placed it in this one. At first, it didn't see it so I reinserted it. It saw it and I started playing a movie off of it. Shortly into the movie, playback stopped and I received a message saying that the file could no longer be found. I browsed back to My Computer and noticed that the card wasn't showing anymore. I reinserted it and showed up again and I was able to play the whole movie. However, this kind of issue has been repeating. It seems nearly every time I need to access the SD card, I have to reinsert it and the amount of time it's visible varies. The card worked fine in my Lumina 2520 so I'm thinking it may be the Surface? If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

DLCPhototography

May 23, 2015
Visit site
You can do some searching here and other forums, and see that this is a frequently reported problem with various SD card sizes, brands, speeds, etc. Some state that it is a physical fit issue, and putting some tape around the card to give it a more 'snug' fit fixed their problems. Others, including myself, find that certain cards will just not stay mounted. Hard to know just where the problem is, but it is possible you might need to get/use a different card. I have a SanDisk Ultra 128gb SD card which works just fine, whereas the faster Lexar 633x 128gb card wouldn't stay mounted.

Good luck.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I had nothing but problems with that Lexar 633x 128gb card. Exchanged it and still problems. Left it as exFAT. still problems. Formatted to ntfs. Still problems. And it just wasn't one system. I tried in 3 different machines and a couple phones.

Exchanged for the SanDisk and that works. I find the 64gb cards to be more stable than the 128 cards. I do have a Lexar 64gb card in one pc and it worked fine.

You really have to just try different brands and different models. These memory cards are not the same level of stability as traditional storage. SSD and eMMC have other circuitry in place to ensure stability,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro