Surface Pro not sleeping?

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing last night and also had other graphical sluggishness and choppiness but MSFT posted a Windows Update at around 11pm EST that fixed those issues along with the screen not turning off and running warm...at least on my Surface 3. There were also several firmware updates posted yesterday for the Surface 3 family. Make sure you check for updates as soon as you can. Good luck!

sr1030nx

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Had this issue on my SP2, kept waking up and when I wanted to use it, the battery was dead.

Edge not having adblock or forward/backward swiping (like 8.1 touchscreen IE) made me revert back to 8.1, at least for now.

icwhatudidthere

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of reverting to 8.1 too. Still have the problem and about a dozen people on Microsoft's forums have reported it too. There are more than a few people having problems with brand new Surface 3 LTE's also. Can't believe how poorly Windows 10 is upgrading on their own machines.

Clint Chapel

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I hard reset mine (shut down, then hold the vol. up and power button at the same time) and set my power button the "Hibernate" when unplugged. It seems to not die overnight now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12