Touch and pen input periodically stops working

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My digitizer seems to freeze occasionally (once or twice per day) on my S3. I'm not sure if the hardware is defective, if all Surface 3s are just buggy like that or if it's just a Windows 10 issue. I have to reboot to get it working again. I notice that sometimes before it freezes it get a little sluggish or inaccurate.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Another thing that has happened a few times to me is the Surface starts registering any touch or swipe as a right click. That seems to require a reboot too.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Touch sometimes stops working for me if I've had the keyboard attached and then it goes into sleep mode. I then take the keyboard off and wake it up with touch only. I hit the button to wake the pc, but then touch does not register at all when trying to log in. I usually have to attach the keyboard again and reboot to get touch to work again.

In fact, I'm having a lot of issues coming out of sleep and hibernation. Sometimes my network adapter gets disabled during sleep and I can't get it enabled again without a reboot. It usually results in a blue screen and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error.

I'm trying to be patient with Windows 10. I know there will be more updates to come and hopefully in a few months all of these kinks will be worked out.

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone on the 'right click' behavior. It's much worse since Windows 10 install Surface Pro 3. Send feedback in the Windows Feedback to get it fixed. The more we upclick issues, the faster they'll fix them.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out that feedback app. I forgot it was even there. I went through all the feedback this morning and up-voted all the issues I am having with Windows 10. I really want Windows 10 to evolve into a really solid OS. I think it will, especially if they take this customer feedback seriously.

lordcpaq

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got the surface 3 lte from AT&T and having this problem. I ditched out my fire as it was doing it once an hour. Is this a software or hardware problem? My second surface 3 is doing the same thing just not as much.

lanypr

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem so I contacted MS and they had me do a full reset, calibration, drivers reinstall and nothing worked. The rep the said it may be hardware related so they exchanged it. And so far this one has not had any issue.

lordcpaq

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to think it is a software bug related to the power management system. I tried all of those items with my first surface three. I recently changed my settings in power and sleep to a longer sleep time and it almost went away. It still stops from time to time but not constantly anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss