What is this high demanding process in windows 10?

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Does anyone know what this process is? It is causing my surface pro running windows 10 to heat up and start the fan blowing constantly. The process won't stop. It a memory and process intensive process, it's also causing my computer to slow become slow with inputs and processess of apps. This process is draining the battery fast. can't find a correlation with an app. All apps are closed when this image was taken.

Attachments

• Schermopname (340).png
    Schermopname (340).png
    115.4 KB · Views: 12

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Does anyone know what this process is? It is causing my surface pro running windows 10 to heat up and start the fan blowing constantly. The process won't stop. It a memory and process intensive process, it's also causing my computer to slow become slow with inputs and processess of apps. This process is draining the battery fast. can't find a correlation with an app. All apps are closed when this image was taken.

I don't know but I have the heat, fan and battery drain as well.
SP2

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
System could be anything from a OS level task. It could be many many things. How long has W10 been installed on your system? A lot of System tasks run for a few hours after install and sometimes more.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If it is a regular maintenance system process that's fine with me. I would just like it to be predicably and not start kicking in when I'm mobile and battery is at a premium. But even in batterysaving mode the fan still blew at maximum capacity. I think I would like to report this to microsoft as an issue, but I do not know what to call this problem. Because if the active "servicehost" is a common process, I don't know where its coming from and what process is demanding such high memory and processor capacity. It would be nice to figure out what is causing this problem, but I don't know where to start the find the process doing this within the "servicehost". Any ideas?

I noticed that a pc restart does not solve the issue. Only a complete pc shutdown and then start up gets rid of the effects of this process. Does that help?

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
@moderator: this issue and the image refers to windows 10, not to microsoft surface for windows 8.1 pro. Wrong thread. Please move my post to a windows 10 thread or a microsoft surface thread. Thank you!

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, patience comes to those who wait. I read an article last week where updat 10525 released a new type of compressed system memory mapping. Probably this is the culprit of the large memory usage. And since its and insiders build a bug most likely is the cause of the issue. But it could also be a side effect of the new mapping system. So not really a good solution other than accept that untill battery management of this process is improved it will demand a bit more processor power and heating issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss