Win 10 System Interrupts and non-responsive touch

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen enough times now to know something is up. But I've seen my Surface 3 get warm and have high CPU usage for system interrupts. Something else that seems to occur with this is the system fails to respond to touch. The screen acts as if it did get touched but a click never registers. However, the pen and mouse will work.

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
At lunch time today it came out of sleep mode with the widely reported stuck right click bug.

I'm starting to just shut down in hopes I won't keep experiencing any more of these problems. I'm not sure how people are running Windows 10 on these devices without issues.

This one came with Windows 8.1 out of the box. I immediately upgraded with the online ISO builder and did a delete all files install from the get go. I'm also on fast path but these issues have been occurring though all the builds. Every fast path build I get my hopes up but I think the problems are driver related.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If under warranty, I would take it back and get it fixed. But like you think, I believe your problem also may be driver related. If you have a Microsoft store, have them do a factory reset to Windows 10. They should have everything they need to include a updated driver pack. This is one sweet tab, I would have got the PRO, except I wanted it tab size, to me anything 11"+ is laptop size. That and it fits perfect in my small Camo backpack.

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I will try that. I have a store by me but it's more of a kiosk store. Perhaps the Surface 3 just doesn't upgrade correctly from 8.1.

The performance on this thing is great when it wants to work. But I'm in fear every time I flip the cover open I don't know what I will find. It's bipolar.

I know I'm not alone as the feedback is full of these same reports.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers