Tablet Mode with RT Keyboard

ommoran

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Over the weekend I upgraded my RT (which was being used not much at all) to a Surface 3. As the upgrade price didn't include handing over the keyboard, I saved $170 and kept the one for the RT.

That being said.... I seem to have a problem in getting the tablet to automatically convert to tablet mode when the keyboard is detached. Is it because a) I am somehow oblivious (quite probable) or b) because this is a function only of the Surface 3-design keyboards? I can't see how that's quite possible because the connector is the same, but you never know.

For what it's worth, my settings for Tablet Mode are: "off" ('cause I'm using the keyboard right now...) When I sign in go to the desktop (I've tried both...), and always ask before switching tablet mode on or off. I've tried both the ask me and don't ask me and switch settings, and the S3 is silent when I'm putting the keyboard in or out.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that it doesn't work sometimes on surface pro 3 and surface pro 3 keyboard. I don't believe it is a rt keyboard issue.

ommoran

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard works for sure. It doesn't for putting the S3 to sleep but it does for typing, etc. I had attributed that to being slightly smaller than the type 2 and not hitting the sensor at the top when close.

All my searches have been for naught.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the original type cover or the newer type cover 2?

I use the type cover 2 with my surface 3 and when I disconnect the keyboard it asks me if I want to go to tablet mode (I prefer getting asked than having it automatically switch).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire