Which one should I go for: Toshiba Satellite Click 10 or S3?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I will buy a hybrid in October and I don't have money for a SP4, so with the recent launch of Toshiba (Satellite Click 10), I'm torn. Should I go with the S3? The S3 specs are better, of course, but I'm reading some user complaints about touch screen, battery charging, wi-fi quality and wireless video playback on the second screen issues.

On the other hand, the Click 10 has no review, so I do not know what to think. Ok, it is cheaper and has been "promoted" by Microsoft... Designed for W10, pricing...

Any insightful ideas, guys, as you all own a S3? Thanks in advance!

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I will buy a hybrid in October and I don't have money for a SP4, so with the recent launch of Toshiba (Satellite Click 10), I'm torn. Should I go with the S3? The S3 specs are better, of course, but I'm reading some user complaints about touch screen, battery charging, wi-fi quality and wireless video playback on the second screen issues.

On the other hand, the Click 10 has no review, so I do not know what to think. Ok, it is cheaper and has been "promoted" by Microsoft... Designed for W10, pricing...

Any insightful ideas, guys, as you all own a S3? Thanks in advance!

And as you said, it's new, and not a lot of reviews. There are a few on youtube, so check it out.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The Click seems nice for an entry device. I look forward to playing with one in a store. It is less powerful than my S3. It is cheaper. I haven't read anywhere where it would have digital stylus support. The S3 is definitely a better device. If you are looking for a basic device that is cool and do most of the basic things you want from a PC, the Click could be nice. I am thinking about getting my kids Clicks for Christmas.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The Click seems nice for an entry device. I look forward to playing with one in a store. It is less powerful than my S3. It is cheaper. I haven't read anywhere where it would have digital stylus support. The S3 is definitely a better device. If you are looking for a basic device that is cool and do most of the basic things you want from a PC, the Click could be nice. I am thinking about getting my kids Clicks for Christmas.

Thanks for replying, guys! I've just talked to a sales guy from Toshiba and he meant the Click 10 is only available online for now. Via email, they inform us about the estimate shipping date and a span of 3-5 b. days for delivery.

That's a downside for me out of many reasons. Just as you wrote, one would not be able to see, play with it before purchase. Buying and having to return the product is smth I wouldn't want to do either. I mean, no one. Only if you knew that was THE thing you wanted and you were sure. Not the case.

In fact, I'm afraid I'm looking forward to buying the S3 now, clearly superior. Cheers!

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The Click 10 is available from the Microsoft Store as a signature edition with no bloatware. It seems like a better deal since it comes with the keyboard and more ports and is cheaper. I also like the 16:9. According to the store page it might also have microUSB charging: Buy Toshiba Satellite Click 10 LX0W-C64M Signature Edition 2 in 1 PC - Microsoft Store

Thanks for sharing!

By the way, now there is also a new strong contender added to the fight: Dell's Venue 10 Pro!!! Looks good! Still a month or so to come to shelves though.

Dell announces new Venue 8 Pro and Venue 10 Pro Windows 10 tablets with USB Type-C | Windows Central

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Even with my wife's teacher discount I'm still looking at $800 with the fully loaded S3 with protection plan. Some of these issues I've read have scared me off too. But I don't think any of these other options are better aside from price. But I am worried about the touch issues that I've been reading about in the forums.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to hate my S3 more and more every day. It may just be Windows 10 on the LTE version of the S3 but I'm ready to fix it with a sledge hammer. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12