Unreal Tournament 2004 on Surface 3 / Windows 10

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I couldn't figure out where else I could ask this but basically since installing Windows 10, I am unable to play one of my favourite games Unreal Tournament 2004. I've tried Googling and am not sure what's causing it exactly but it's as if the scaling has gone a bit off potentially as my Windows is set to display at 150% scaling.

I can launch UT 2004 and get past the splash screen and to the main menu however it's as if I'm only seeing the bottom half of the screen. For example, the NVidia way it's meant to be played, I can see the circle in the middle from the logo, approximately 3 o'clock position to the 10 o'clock position. And then in the main menu, the words "Single Player" are at the very top of the screen when previously it would have been about halfway down.

Any tips or ideas on how I can fix this?

wraith676

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i have had similar issues with a few of my older games that i used to run fine but when i came to the windows 10 platform something was screwing it up.

You were right in assuming its got something to do with scaling.

What you need to do is locate the programs .exe file and right click it, go to is properties switch to the second tab called "Compatibility" then locate the checkbox down the bottom that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and tick it. Click apply then ok.

This should solve your problem.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
What you need to do is locate the programs .exe file and right click it, go to is properties switch to the second tab called "Compatibility" then locate the checkbox down the bottom that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and tick it. Click apply then ok.

This should solve your problem.

Champion! Thanks for that. Works perfectly now. Can't believe I missed this when I played with the compatibility settings before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon