Just found out that my surface 3's I have ordered are the mid model with 64gb and 4gb ram!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am relieved to hear that my 2 surface 3's I have ordered are the mid range model with 64gb and 4gb ram. I don't mind not having the 128gb storage , but I really wanted the 4gb ram. now I have it.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have 2 64gb sd cards in my asus tablets that We will be using for now. I noticed that there are a could of 256gb cards in the works as well. I may even grab one of those. Once I get the tablets, I am popping in the sim cards and directing windows to save all photos, docs, etc to the card instead of the onboard storage. That way I have more room for programs.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget you could get a Nano usb with 64 Gigs of storage too or alternatively a usb hub with several of those plugged in lol.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
At home I will be connected to my 1TB for now network. Also, I have the 1tb onedrive package. But I like being sleek and the SD card will be the best, nothing poking out the side of the machine. At home I am docked so I can have some stuff plugged in.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's a nice set up, my entire set up revolves around a non-existent dock lol. I have a switch which connects my x1, ps3 and laptop along with two HDMI switches which handle my display to my TV.

Waiting on reviews about the SP4 before I make my mind up what to replace my laptop with as I do play the random game (anno 2070, max payne 3 etc) here another.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am relieved to hear that my 2 surface 3's I have ordered are the mid range model with 64gb and 4gb ram. I don't mind not having the 128gb storage , but I really wanted the 4gb ram. now I have it.

Are you talking about the Pro3? I didn't know they made a surface 3 model with 4 / 64GB.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"I am relieved to hear that my 2 surface 3's I have ordered are the mid range model with 64gb and 4gb ram"

How did you not know what you ordered? The post makes no sense. :)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Only the 128GB model had 4GB ram. If the place you bought it from is telling you the 64gb has it also, they are lying. When you get them, please do a screen capture of it. And give a link to the website you bought it from. I know several would love the 4gb ram and the cheaper 64gb of space. Until you can prove it, I call <<<<BS>>>>

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered 2 64gb 2gb surface 3s with all the goodies. I thought I was getting them, the next morning my LCS called me back, and asked if I wanted to get the 64gb 4gb ram model, which I jumped on right away. I was a little leery about the 2gb ram with a couple of programs I wanted to use. Now, I am relieved to know I am getting 4gb ram. I know what I ordered. then I got more than I ordered! simple. The post makes lots of sense if you just read what I said.

I ordered mine through my local computer store which I am friends with the owner, our sons play hockey together. I give my business to them 100 %. If I have an issue with anything, its fixed.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did a video chat with MS, but they was no real help. They said they don't sell a 64gb with 4GB ram. But they can't speak about a 3rd party. Maybe they have some connection with the manufacture? But I am sure you will find out soon. There is a CDW near me, but it's the headquarters and and pickup only. Could have sworn I seen a store too, but that was a long time ago. Lets hope for the best. CDW is well known, and mostly trustable. So I will spread the news when you confirm it.

Just wanted to add that for only $50 more, you could have had the 128GB from the MS store and it comes with Windows 10 pre-installed. And I am not sure what the listing shows a hard drive, when we all know there isn't one on the tablet series. But if it comes with the Pro version of 8.1, I guess that would mean you will get the Pro version of the 10 also.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you do in fact get the pro version of windows 10. I guess my local store's supplier is buying them from somewhere like cdw. You never know, I may luck out and get LTE too. hmmmm. But I did confirm with my local store that it is infact 64gb/4gb, and comes with pro. Where can I find the differences in normal windows 10 and 10 pro?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
We as far as I know today is the day I get my new goodies. I hope it is. My wife and I are itching to get them, and get it all setup. The desktop setup is going to be interesting.

Phoibos

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Only the 128GB model had 4GB ram. If the place you bought it from is telling you the 64gb has it also, they are lying. When you get them, please do a screen capture of it. And give a link to the website you bought it from. I know several would love the 4gb ram and the cheaper 64gb of space. Until you can prove it, I call <<<<BS>>>>
They aren't 'lying'. The 64GB/4GB models are exclusively offered for business or education customers. There is also a 32GB/2GB model exclusive to education customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99