While surfacing the web yesterday my S3 started acting goofy. At first I thought the batteries in my mouse needed changing because the cursor kept jumping around the screen. Then the screen started flickering and the cursor kept moving around the screen. No problem, a reboot will fix it. It did but it started up again a short time later. Several reboots later the issue wasn't corrected. In fact, it got so bad I couldn't even sign in as the cursor would take my out of the login box. I played around with it all day today and finally got logged in. Not knowing if it was a hardware or software issue the first thing I tried was a recovery. Took a couple hours and still didn't correct the problem. So, I did a full wipe and re-install. That failed to correct the problem as well, so, tomorrow morning, going back to Microsoft. Hope the warranty is still good. Its a little over 3 months old.

Ask my wife. I hardly ever take anything back. In fact, I normally eat the loss but I just paid too much for this tablet so, its going back.

PS: Just a little rant. :)
    11-17-2015 07:27 PM
    Hope the warranty is still good. Its a little over 3 months old.
    Ask my wife. I hardly ever take anything back. In fact, I normally eat the loss but I just paid too much for this tablet so, its going back.
    If you purchased it in the last year, which you did, then your warranty should still be good.

Did you get it directly from the Microsoft Store? Let us know how it goes!
    11-17-2015 07:59 PM
    Just got back from the store. They witnessed the problem and replaced my S3. Its on the counter now going through all the updates. Good deal Microsoft.
    Indistinguishable and Stiv X like this.
    11-18-2015 11:19 AM
    Just got back from the store. They witnessed the problem and replaced my S3. Its on the counter now going through all the updates. Good deal Microsoft.
    Typical Microsoft Store customer service from my experience.

Cheers!
    etphoto likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:46 AM
    That is very good news. Pleased you got the situation sorted. In all such techno there will be the odd lemon, point is it got sorted to your satisfaction as it should have been.

Regards, Ryland
    11-19-2015 10:24 AM