Windows Mobile 10 run on S3

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I am working on a friends Surface 3, it seem like a really nice form factor.

I love my SP 2 and SP 4, but honestly I find myself reaching for my 1520.3 for searching the internet or browsing, mostly due to the function and ease of the OS. Ideally I'd like a larger than 6 inch device running Windows Mobile 10.

Has anyone heard of people trying to get Windows Mobile 10 to run on the Surface 3?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No no no why would someone want that. Just keep the Surface in tablet mode all the time then. And don't use x86 programs.

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone Mobile is built for ARM based architecture. The Surface 3 uses Intel x64 architecture. This make it impossible to install Windows Phone Mobile on a Surface 3 without rewriting the kernal or using some form of emulation. Why do you want to replace full OS with something very limited?

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone Mobile is built for ARM based architecture. The Surface 3 uses Intel x64 architecture. This make it impossible to install Windows Phone Mobile on a Surface 3 without rewriting the kernal or using some form of emulation. Why do you want to replace full OS with something very limited?

Windows Mobile 10 is not ARM only based. this is why I am asking the question.

Along with my explanation of why I find the Windows Mobile OS more function focused on browsing and searching the web, plus communicating with people, Skype and other chat apps... plus notifications are cleaner. That was all summed up in my first post..

Please stay on point everyone, "Has anyone heard of people trying to get Windows Mobile 10 to run on the Surface 3?"

You don't have to respond if you don't have a direct answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa