New to Surface

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! My iPad 2 died recently so I decided to replace it with a Surface 2 tablet that was only $150 on Amazon. As I await its arrival I do have a couple of questions, and I apologize ahead of time if they are stupid ones.

Can I use and edit office documents that are stored on a flash drive via the Surface USB port? (That is the main reason I am purchasing it)

Do website with video streaming (WWE Network, Netflix, Hulu) work on IE on the Surface 2?

Will there be a Windows 10 update for the Surface 2?

Is MS Paint available on Surface 2?

And lastly...

Is there a version of BlueStacks for the Surface 2?

Thank you for your time and hopefully I didn't sound like a total dummy asking these questions lol.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can use a flash drive like a typical Windows PC. (save for standard program limitations such as no TeraCopy or fancy third-party disk partitioners)

You can have a fine web browsing experience including Netflix. No addons like Java though. You do get flash however.

No Windows 10.

It has the standard Windows setup, including Paint.

No BlueStacks or other Android option.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can use a flash drive like a typical Windows PC. (save for standard program limitations such as no TeraCopy or fancy third-party disk partitioners)

You can have a fine web browsing experience including Netflix. No addons like Java though. You do get flash however.

No Windows 10.

It has the standard Windows setup, including Paint.

No BlueStacks or other Android option.

Thank you so much for the reply!

I am mostly going to use it for office and paint, so not having access to Android via BlueStacks is fine.

I would like Windows 10, but I actually liked 8.1 when I had it on the PC in my office, so that's not a worry.

I am really excited for my Surface to arrive and you have helped ease my mind quite a bit about if I made the right choice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077