Logging off is taking way too long, why?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
We've had our Surface 3 for almost a year. Its been great for most of that time. However recently my wife, who uses it more than I do, has been complaining that it is acting funning. She was just logged in and wasn't using it so I thought I'd log her off. I started that log off process 10 minutes or more ago.

What's going on? Why has it suddenly become so incredibly slow?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
We've had our Surface 3 for almost a year. Its been great for most of that time. However recently my wife, who uses it more than I do, has been complaining that it is acting funning. She was just logged in and wasn't using it so I thought I'd log her off. I started that log off process 10 minutes or more ago.

What's going on? Why has it suddenly become so incredibly slow?

It might be a windows update that has just gotten "stuck", as I've had that some times after a cumulative update - It's usually fine after a reboot.

Never the less Did you or she install anything prior to this happening?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The Surface isn't always rebooted or shut down, but it is at least shut down more often. That has happened.

My wife and daughters use it, but if they add any software, which isn't often, it's always from the Microsoft Store.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I see, I've had that before with a few laptops and can replicate it on mine.

If I hibernate my laptop or use sleep and let it go into hybrid sleep over a consecutive days a reboot or shut down takes ages.

You can try running sleep study (tutorial here: www.windowscentral.com/learn-why-battery-drains-surface-pro-3 ) to get some more info or looking at the event viewer (right click start menu and select event viewer) if something was holding it up.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The Surface isn't always rebooted or shut down, but it is at least shut down more often. That has happened.

My wife and daughters use it, but if they add any software, which isn't often, it's always from the Microsoft Store.

I see, I've had that before with a few laptops and can replicate it on mine.

If I hibernate my laptop or use sleep and let it go into hybrid sleep over a consecutive days a reboot or shut down takes ages.

You can try running sleep study (tutorial here: www.windowscentral.com/learn-why-battery-drains-surface-pro-3 ) to get some more info or looking at the event viewer (right click start menu and select event viewer) if something was holding it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes