Surface Pro, dual monitors and new dock power issue. Anyone else having problems?

Hermzy

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Surface Pro, dual monitors and new dock power issue

So we've recently started using our Surface Pro (1st gen) with dual monitors. We purchased the new docking brick and appropriate cables and it works fine, with one minor inconvenience. Once the Surface is powered down and removed from the dock (like at night when I take mine home), the next morning after I attach it again to the dock, the dual monitors will not work unless I unplug the dock power supply and then re attach it. Anyone else with this problem? Any known solution?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro, dual monitors and new dock power issue

So we've recently started using our Surface Pro (1st gen) with dual monitors. We purchased the new docking brick and appropriate cables and it works fine, with one minor inconvenience. Once the Surface is powered down and removed from the dock (like at night when I take mine home), the next morning after I attach it again to the dock, the dual monitors will not work unless I unplug the dock power supply and then re attach it. Anyone else with this problem? Any known solution?

quick question - why do you leave the dock powered on at night? I'm asking from an energy saving standpoint

Hermzy

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site

It's just plugged in under the desk with all the other equipment (i.e.. monitors, desk lights, etc.) and since there's no on/off switch, I think that's pretty typical. Not sure how much energy it draws. I guess I didn't ever consider it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

It's just plugged in under the desk with all the other equipment (i.e.. monitors, desk lights, etc.) and since there's no on/off switch, I think that's pretty typical. Not sure how much energy it draws. I guess I didn't ever consider it.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about power consumption.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion