Wireless Device not found - Need help, any advice?

Adam Parker2

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Wireless Device not found - Need help

Hey all, any advice you can give is appreciated.

Had my Surface Pro 3 for about 18 months and has been running well. Last week, my wifi was intermittent because the wireless adapter kept being dropped. Then, it wasn't recognized at all. I went through the troubleshooting steps to reinstall drivers, etc.. and this didn't help.

This morning I did a "reset" with Windows 10 - keeping my files. When I got back into Windows, my wireless was working and I continued to install Windows updates. After I reboot to install further updates, my wifi adapter was lost again and I had no connectivity.

So... thinking it was to do with some of my settings/files, I did a full reset, wiping the whole Surface clean and starting from scratch. After the install, first thing I checked was the wi-fi and the adapter is not recognized. I know I can get a USB attachment for wired connectivity... but this defeats the purpose of having a handheld device.

Any advice / options?
- Next thing I was thinking of trying was Windows 8 again... rather than Windows 10 - not sure if that has a higher probability of succeeding though

Thanks,
Adam

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wireless Device not found - Need help

I'm thinking one of the driver updates must be causing an issue - since you said it initially works but after some updates, it doesn't

Adam Parker2

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Wireless Device not found - Need help

I don't think so - I think this is more of an intermittent problem - as it was working beforehand (when I was fully patched/updated). And then after I did the fresh install, it wasn't working before I applied any updates...

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
When I installed the Redstone Preview on my Surface Pro (1), I lost my wifi adapter because there were no compatible drivers. I had to do a clean install back to release version of Windows 10 (which wasn't a bad thing because I hadn't done it for 4 years since purchase).

Been searching the boards but can't find any other posts about the Pro 1, so I don't know if the drivers have finally come out or not, but I'm not chancing it. Since I have no Ethernet adapter and only have wifi on my Pro 1, I'm sunk without the wifi adapter.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720