Surface 2 for 79? worth it

malep

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I found a surface 2 32Gb for 79? on the internet. It is a refurbished one an coming with 6 months garantee.
Usage would web browsing, streaming and light computing tasks.

do you think it worth it ?

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I believe it is. Surface 2 is very well made, relatively fast and lag free. Windows 8.1 RT is robust. For web browsing, streaming and light work using Office, it is very good. But be aware that it cannot run legacy x86 software and the operating system cannot be updated to Windows 10. Also you cannot install Edge, Chrome or iTune on the Surface 2 if these are important to you. Use Internet Explorer or other browsers instead. For that price, I think it is a safe buy.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll chime in with the chorus and say that it is definitely worth it. In many respects, my Surface 2 (NOT the Pro 2) is more "Pro" than my 12.9" iPad Pro.

DominicanNY

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
yes of course, surface 2 is a very good tablet , you can do a lot of things like web browsing,office, play video, play music and etc.
you should go for it, surface 2 is an amazing tablet.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I still use my Surface 2 almost each day. If you ignore its limitations it is in many ways better than the Surface 3. As example with Surface 3 you will need to put the device into hibernation because sleep will just drain the battery like crazy due to inefficiency of the Intel SoC (e.g. less than a day).
Your Surface 2 will stay in stand-by for almost a week!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes