Could Surface laptop be as succesfull as the studio?

iVel004

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft creates a new category with a computer that can also be your studio. It was a new way to see things and even Dell followed with their ''Canvas'' monitor. At the moment, the Surface laptop isn't that much different from other laptops. I don't mean it shouldn't be create, but like some people said, it certainly not a new category like we expected.

So do you guys think it could get the same treatment of the Surface Studio ?:wink:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft creates a new category with a computer that can also be your studio. It was a new way to see things and even Dell followed with their ''Canvas'' monitor. At the moment, the Surface laptop isn't that much different from other laptops. I don't mean it shouldn't be create, but like some people said, it certainly not a new category like we expected.

So do you guys think it could get the same treatment of the Surface Studio ?:wink:

No, it's nothing like the Surface Studio. The Surface Laptop feels like it was created for consumers - students in particular. The Surface Studio, much like the rest of the Surface line was created to push and inspire OEMS. So if your measure for success is new category creation, the Surface Laptop will fail massively.

The Surface Laptop will sell far more than the Surface Studio. So if sales is your measure for success, then yeah, the Surface Laptop will be successful.

shtajiryan

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Why exactly do you think Surface Studio was successful? I'm not saying it was not, but I am wondering how can we say that it was.

iVel004

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Umm... I may use the wrong term, but I believed they ship more units than they expected and that's why I assume it went well

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The Surface Laptop will sell far more than the Surface Studio. So if sales is your measure for success, then yeah, the Surface Laptop will be successful.

hey i agree with this. the surface laptop was priced way too high and is not a portable device. a lot of students prefer portable devices in order to type and stuff anywhere. the surface laptop is going to greatly surpass the surface studio in sales.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss