Surface GIVEAWAY contestants gather here

Status
Not open for further replies.

karabo kotsedi

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Will surface laptop come with "edition" models with odd hardware tweaks and visual tweak to be sold in limited numbers as to create a niche offering within the range?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes surface line is amazing and you wont regret having one,. And definitely not the one you get for free... Lol :eek:)

haha true that. its hard to regret having something brand new that was given to you for free. :p im using my current laptop for its 5th year, so assuming i can get the same amount of usage out of the surface laptop id be very happy and thankful every day!

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Will surface laptop come with "edition" models with odd hardware tweaks and visual tweak to be sold in limited numbers as to create a niche offering within the range?

hey there, so far nothing of that sort has been mentioned. only the 4 different colors (platinum, cobalt, burgundy, and graphite gold) have been announced. although they werent hardware tweaks, are you thinking about something like the nfl team type covers for the surface pro 4 that had a niche offering?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Who's the lucky guy to win this surface??? More participation = Less chance of win.

hey ads13, youre right for entering most contests, but not how this contest rolls. as vinaygera stated rule 3 in the contest announcement states 1 post equals 1 entry. however, typically more people entering means less chance of you winning. i also try to enter contests that youtubers run and they use the gleam.io website which tracks the total amount of entries in total and makes it visible for every guest to see. those entries are always in the hundreds of thousands since their followers are more vast. the audience for this website and the amount of people trying to enter this contest is not that high, so this surface laptop contest seems like a much more "winnable" contest.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm finishing rebuilding my app on UWP and I really want to see it on this Surface Laptop.

congratulations rafael! what is the app called? ill check it out when its posted in the store. :grin: good luck with winning this contest and good luck with the success of the app you made!

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If for a younger audience does the Surface laptop need additional colours to capture a greater audience?

for a younger audience and for a greater audience in general. there are multiple options for potential customers to buy, which is great because if one person is bored of gray laptops (*cough* macbooks *cough*) and wants something with color there are other choices available.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
With alcantara being the go to material on tje Surface Laptop and mouse. Would a pen in a **** material not be a nice visual offering from the surface brand?

microsoft sold whats called a pen loop for the surface type cover for the surface pro 3 but that type cover wasnt alcantara material. i can see why they sold it as an option instead of include it on the keyboard as not everyone uses the pen so it wouldnt be aesthetically pleasing to see an empty pen holder. i wonder if microsoft will sell something like that pen loop for the new surface pro line. i know the surface pro has a magnetic edge but something about that i dont trust. anyone with experience care to share their thoughts?

Rafael Martins1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
congratulations rafael! what is the app called? ill check it out when its posted in the store. :grin: good luck with winning this contest and good luck with the success of the app you made!

I called Caravelle. Is a web browser. When it's published I'll post a topic here talking about it.

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The more I look at these laptops the more I feel Microsoft should have added a little more to it. First the 4GB should not exist, also why not have the screen fold all the way back so you can use it like other 2-in-1, I know they wanted strictly a laptop, but then why add the touchscreen.

At lastly why not add 1 USB-C port, I heard their explanation and I still do not get it.

Look at what HP did with the HP Spectre x360
HP Spectre x360 | HP® Official Store
they have their on charger, but added a USB-C port for charging and connections. Also the screen folds all the way back.

I love the design of the Surface Laptops, but I feel like they didn't take full advantage of the capabilities a modern laptop should be.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The more I look at these laptops the more I feel Microsoft should have added a little more to it. First the 4GB should not exist, also why not have the screen fold all the way back so you can use it like other 2-in-1, I know they wanted strictly a laptop, but then why add the touchscreen.

At lastly why not add 1 USB-C port, I heard their explanation and I still do not get it.

Look at what HP did with the HP Spectre x360
HP Spectre x360 | HP® Official Store
they have their on charger, but added a USB-C port for charging and connections. Also the screen folds all the way back.

I love the design of the Surface Laptops, but I feel like they didn't take full advantage of the capabilities a modern laptop should be.

hey there. my reasoning for why microsoft doesnt sell the surface laptop with the screen folding all the way back (or convertible notebook) is because thats what the surface book can do. the surface laptop is the "happy medium" between the surface pro and surface book, so if youd like something with a reversible screen or even a detachable screen then go with the surface book, if you want a tablet that you can attach a keyboard then go with the surface pro, but if you just want a laptop then go with the surface laptop.

i had also addressed the touch feature on the surface laptop in another thread but heres why i think microsoft included it: if you think about all of the non-accessory surface products (surface pro, surface laptop, surface book, surface studio, and often-forgotten surface hub) each product incorporates touch. a surface product without touch just doesnt fit in the "family" of products. it wasnt a choice to add touch capability in the surface laptop, it was pretty much mandatory.

Surapathi_121-0

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't know why but I think this post is a bit an unfair way to claim the prize, I mean why Windows Central would promote it once more after announced. No one can understand my fear, just leave this. Anyways, when after the winner will be announced.

Galka_DK

May 30, 2017
Visit site
A little late to the party :( so only one post from me ^^

First great with a World wide giveaway ^^ THANKS!!!

Think the laptop looks great, and I like that they kept the standard USB instead of a USB-C, cause I have a ton of external drives on the old standard.
Also like the new windows version, its lite and for most laptop oriented work the apps in the store will suffice. And if not, you can up-great for free. No downside to it at all.

So hope I can win it, so I can finally put my 10+ year old brick to rest.

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
A little late to the party :( so only one post from me ^^

First great with a World wide giveaway ^^ THANKS!!!

Well... better late than never. Welcome to the contest.

I'm really surprised this thread didn't hit 1000 posts.... Or is the little conversation sign and 738 (currently) the number of participants in the thread?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
yup. i'm one of those giveaway contestants.

btw, thanks for making this thread. now its easier to follow rule #3

arlandi welcome to the forums! it is easy to follow rule 3 here. lots of good conversations about the surface laptop going on in this thread from everyone participating in the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12