Is it worth buying?

David Jacka

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I still think the Surface Pro 4 is the best of the lot for me. I had one but it had bad Ram so I returned it and got a surface book with performance base. It's a great machine but I miss the Pro because it was more of an intimate integration being closer and easier to get closer without the process of disconnecting the base etc.

Karan_kapoor21

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think it's worth buying because of the windows 10s update. As you can not install a lot of apps which totally kills the purpose of having a Windows laptop. For the same specs, I'd prefer surface pro 4 which comes with the windows 10 pro.

afza

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I kinda rather waiting for other vendors offering of device with Windows 10s than buying Surface Laptop. For me, the price point is a bit high for its intended user. Surface Laptop with its price point should come with full Windows 10 and target for young exec.

delmajid

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm not a programmer, so it's so good for me and I can upgrade it to win pro
if it couldn't make me satisfy, I could upgrade it to pro

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of Windows 10 S. Maybe if it was a free O.S download to allow for people to try out windows 10. But I think it doesn't make sense to have people buy a laptop then pay to upgrade to Windows 10. When I can purchase any laptop right now that comes with full Windows 10. I just don't like how limiting it is.

The update to Windows 10 Pro is free till the end of the year.
Fee, pay not required.

TunedM52

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I don't understand why the whole W10S ordeal is being blown out of proportion.
They stated multiple times that it is a free upgrade to full W10 until Dec '17. And afterwards, it's just $50 to upgrade.
Such an inane point to dump so much unnecessary criticism on the laptop by all the tech sites.
The configurations could be better however, i5 with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD would be nice, but other than that, it's a great value, IMO, of course.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
It doesnt fit for developers.
But its best for causal use as you can find all softwares required for daily use in Windows store.
For browsing and multimedia tasks this laptop fits well.
If you see, Edge browser is extremely fast now when compared to previous builds and it this makes browsing experience great.
For multimedia task, you have VLC and GOM players in Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium