Is it worth buying?

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Not a fan of Windows 10 S. Maybe if it was a free O.S download to allow for people to try out windows 10. But I think it doesn't make sense to have people buy a laptop then pay to upgrade to Windows 10. When I can purchase any laptop right now that comes with full Windows 10. I just don't like how limiting it is.

jslater14

May 12, 2017
Visit site
It depends on you budget and individual needs. I'd says it's a solid laptop option but their are other more budget friendly options that are solid choices. I would love to buy one, but I have a laptop that currently meets my needs so I can't justify spending the money on a new surface (even though I would love to justify buying one).

mbisht344

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 S? Not ok with restrictions. But let us assume that it's upgraded to 10 Pro. That is fine.
It's not available here but still I will say that its price should have been kept low. Keeping the fact aside that I'm a Windows/Surface fan, I would prefer to buy HP spectre x 360 instead of buying this.
Like everybody else I genuinely feel that there must have been a Thunderbolt port.
So I conclude that it is not a good option to buy but as @206Husky said, it's worth winning. :)

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Surface Laptop and Window 10S, nah. Upgrade it to Windows 10 and get the best hardware and software combination available.

lumian85

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
is the Surface Laptop worth the money?

Hey all,
I am just very curious to know if the Surface laptop is worth the money

in my country the Mac Laptop Air is worth 16500 EGP while the Surface laptop would be worth around 20000 EGP and this is not a small difference

what's so different about the Surface laptop to be worth it? please help

xxGBHxx

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think I would rather get Surface Pro 4 as that would better fit my lifestyle, but this does look interesting.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: is the Surface Laptop worth the money?

The difference is that the Surface laptop isn't directly competing with the MacBook Air. It's competing with a Mac Book. So it's better priced and more bang for your buck.

tpitts15

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn between this and an updated Pro 4. I love the laptop form factor, but the inkability of the Pro is very nice for sitting on the couch and doing some doodles.

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Basically the Macbook Air's only thing going for it is it unibody design.

It has a low end CPU and a laughable screen for 2017.

For pure specs you would get a better laptop for half the price of the Macbook Air.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The Surface Brand is the main thing that adds value to this laptop.

Other than that, I agree, the Surface Laptop is a pretty underwhelming offering for >$1,000. I much prefer to spend that much money on something in the Surface Pro or Surface Book line.

Andreas Griesberg

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Looks great but the options out there for the $1500 to $3500 range are huge.
I think Microsoft really needed to make it more affordable or have a range of lower end 10S machines to beef up user numbers and get developers looking in the Microsoft app store ecosystem direction.

BLKMMB

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
If you need a good machine, not too pricy for medium usage, I believe that this laptop will be for you. I will use it for work, which is mostly excel spreadsheets, photo retouch and calibration.

I won't be running something as heavy as lightroom, but it should handle photoshop without a sweat.

Octagon31415

May 13, 2017
Visit site
It depends on the devices you already have. As the first and for a while only computing device when you cannot invest more than $1000 - I guess yes, the best choice.

It looks like Microsoft thinks the description matches students. Good luck, but I guess Windows S without a UWP version of Visual Studio is very, very brave.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Despite most people's qualms about the price, I think we are all assuming that we'll be buying the instant it comes out. Not necessarily. A budget conscious user might just wait two or three months for the prices to drop or offers to come.

But as many of you said, its a way better offer than Apple products.

Dominik523

May 13, 2017
Visit site
It's worth it IMO, I'm a programming student and doing work on a notebook with 4 gigs of ram and okay CPU (I have 4th gen i5) work great for me. I don't do any gaming on my notebook so it's all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234