Windows 10 is the last OS from Microsoft!!!

Aditya Maity

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Seriously, Is it actually right? What about like windows 11 or 12...the rumors like...If it may be yes, then when win 10 will stop with giving the biggest update of build version?

Okay, suppose Windows 10 officially ending it then what about lumia phones, What about updates?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IF I understand it correctly, yes, windows 10 is technically the last version... however, MS is treating the OS as "Windows as a service" so there will be updates... we have already seen, or are aware of a couple... Anniversary Update (last summer), Creators Update (current, just released), and Fall Creators Update (due... wait for it... this Fall). And each of these updates bring changes to the end user, New/updated/expanded API's for developers. For example, the MapControl was recently updated and allowed me to play with some settings and add a map to one of my apps (Stock map wouldn't fit, stylistically in my app). So, while there are presently no plans for a "new" OS... The OS is constantly in flux and ever changing. Which reminds me of something Bruce Lee once said...

Bruce Lee said:
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot.

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Windows now just gets feature updates as updates for free.

So instead of paying to upgrade your OS, you get feature updates for free "as a service". Which makes Windows 10 sort of "eternal".

Probably given this they might just have called it "Windows", rather than "Windows 10".

Dominik523

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I really like this idea from Microsoft to treat Windows 10 as a service. It will become better and better each year instead of having a crappy OS and then having to upgrade to new OS just to see it fixed.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Internally, Daniel Rubino mentioned that they went up to Redstone 9 or something like that and the next update is Redstone 3. Their policy now is to deliver 2 feature updates per year, until they truly unify the Windows experience across all devices I guess.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. technically it is right, but windows 10 and its versions will continue to evolve over time. if you started at the original windows 10, then upgraded to anniversary and creators updates you will understand its evolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05