Is the new Surface a Windows Mac ?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It's clearly better as MacBook doesn't have touch and pen support, doesn't run games as well (though you'd need to upgrade Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro to run the most of the games), likely doesn't have better battery life. If we want to make this fair, we need to compare it to MacBook Air though, because I think that regular MacBooks have dGPUs and it wouldn't be fair to compare Surface Laptop to them. It also features better design with Alcantara fabric and has more flexible color selection for certain models, not to mention that different colors still cost the same (looking at you red iPhone 7).

shashank chaurasia

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I think the fabric cover type is going to reduce the effective weight of laptop, also I have been working on my surface pro 4 ( 8gb ram 256 gb hard disk) and it has the software and hardware capability to run codes , Matlab , games , heavy simulations and animation.

Octagon31415

May 13, 2017
Visit site
IMHO the new Windows Surface is better than MacBook if you do not upgrade to Windows Pro. However, there are virtually no apps for it. Without Visual Studio and Linux Subsystem any comparison to a Mac is laughable. If you upgrade to Pro, Mac will be a better experience.

Windows phones were better than Android ones in both OS and hardware, but the lack of apps killed them. Now Surface is better than Mac in both OS and hardware...

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
My question is what the heck is a Windows Mac? what does that even mean? A flashy overpriced machine that runs windows? I don't know what you are trying to get at here.

KStrijbos

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is pioneering the new market segment of 2-in-1's and doing a heck of a job with its Surface line-up. Other manufacturers and even Apple are challenging Microsoft by also entering this relatively new segment. As a reaction to this competition and in line with Microsoft’s vision of bringing its ecosystem and services to as many devices as possible (PC, laptop, tablet, phone, wearables, connected devices,...) Microsoft is re-envisioning existing products (their own and of its competition) and bringing them to the next level. By doing this MS is stepping back up in the mobile computing game. When the time is right, we might even get to see the culmination of Microsoft’s efforts, a Surface branded handset, which will not be a Windows iPhone or another smartphone as we now know them. It will be a Surface branded ultra-mobile device that will raise the bar once again for its competitors and bring a new dimension for its users. Let's hope Microsoft will succeed in grasping those Windows of opportunity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05