Windows 10s vs windows 10 pro

Karan_kapoor21

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Which is better? Windows 10s or Windows pro? I am planning to buy a new surface device for myself and the only thing I am concerned about the windows 10s.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm just scrolling by and I'd like to welcome you all to Windows Central. :)

Windows 10 S is more-so meant for educational purposes or someone who doesn't rely on 3rd Party Apps at all, it limits the user to ONLY Installing store apps, meaning no Google Chrome and a lot others...
It's also a bit quicker since it runs a lot less service and it's a lot more secure.

You can although get the free upgrade with Windows 10 S devices to Windows 10 Pro for the rest of the year. So if anyone gets the Surface Laptop, I'd personally go for the Pro version.

Windows 10 Pro is fully unlocked, it is although "less secure" than W10S, but you will get freedom from the App Store.

Octagon31415

May 13, 2017
Visit site
It has been explained during the presentation. Windows S is more secure, much more limited, and does not rot. The latter has been emphasized several times. An academic year of heavy use will not make it less snappy.

As far as I know, it will be possible to upgrade from S to Pro for free until the end of 2017, provided your device is not too cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss