Surface Pro 4 to Surface Laptop

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
If I were you I would not buy the Surface Laptop except if you're not a big pen user and have enough money. Surface Pro 4 does everything Surface Laptop is going to do and it's better with inking & pen than Surface Laptop is ever going to be. Surface Laptop doesn't have a dGPU like Surface Book, again it's just Intel integrated graphics that is improved but I don't think it is exactly worth buying Surface Laptop just because of that (except if you have a Core m3 model Surface Pro 4 and you're consider buying the Core i7 Surface Laptop model).

Adalwai

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Presently I am using Surface Pro 4. Should I upgrade to Surface Laptop? What will be additional benefit of upgrade other than Graphics Card?

The biggest benefit is the hardware and the fully functional keyboard. I prefer my surface pro to my existing dell laptop but I have to admit that coding is best done on the laptop.

Christopher_He

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Don't upgrade. It doesn't sound like there is something that really bothers you with your current device and the laptop is not much of a upgrade in hardware. You get slightly better performance, a bigger screen and better keyboard, but you lose the 2-in-1 functionality.
I'd say wait for a Surface pro 5 or maybe even take a look at the competition like HP or Dell. But as long as you are happy with your SP4 now, just sit and wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs