What the different of surface pro and surface book? This is same, 2 in 1 device.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Surface Pro - Tablet first, laptop second/optional.

Surface Book - laptop first, tablet possible with its detachable display.

Surface Laptop - Laptop only.

Althie

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Surface Pro - Screen size 12.3", battery - upto 9 hours (declared), CPU starts from m3 to i7, need to buy keyboard

Surface Book - Screen size 13.5", battery - up to 12 hours (Performance base - up to 16), discrete GPU

Surface Laptop - Screen Size 13.5", battery up to 14.5 hours

The surface book is more suited for heavy uses or gaming, although the Surface Pro i7 version can also do "heavy lifting" but cooling in the Book is better.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Surface pro is primarily a tablet that can take on laptop duties. Surface book is a primarily a laptop that can take on tablet duties. Sure there's a fine line, but there is aline nonetheless. For me, I chose the surface pro 4 over the surface book because my usage would see me using the device roughly half the times as a tablet and half the time as a laptop with the smart cover. Because the surface books batteries are split between the screen and the keyboard, battery life if used as a tablet wouldn't be as good. However, a friend chose the surface book because the primary use in that case would be as a notebook with only an occasional use as a tablet, and the book offers a more traditional laptop experience.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Surface Book is way more powerful than Surface Pro 4 and Surface Laptop. Surface laptop and Surface Pro 4 are on par if we only pay attention to the specs, but as already pointed out, Surface Laptop does not have detachable screen and is by no means a replacement for Surface Book nor is it meant for the same market as Surface Book.

jreedvick7

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Surface Book is more powerful (and in turn, more expensive), and more of a dedicated laptop. The Surface Pro is ideally a hybrid. If you want to use it as a laptop, accessories available to accommodate a comparable experience to a traditional laptop, and if you want the nimble flexibility of a tablet, Surface Pro can accommodate. Detached from the base, the Surface Book screen is essentially the same Surface Pro device, as I understand it. Just a question of which side of the aisle is top priority. Laptop or tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99