Who should buy Microsoft Surface Laptop?

mohjaba

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi All!

Current laptop category, Based on performance and ways of use:

1. Thin (low performance) laptop --> MacBook, HP EliteBook Folio G1, ASUS Zenbook
2. Thin (High~medium performance) --> Surface laptop , MacBook Air ,Dell XPS 13
3. Thick (high performance) --> MacBook pro, surface book, surface book performance,
Lenovo thinkpad
4. 2-in-1 --> Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, hp spectre x360, Lenovo Yoga
5. Detachable --> surface book, Dell XPS 12
6. Tablet style --> surface pro 4 & 3, Apple Tap Pro, Samsung Galaxy Book, ASUS
Transformer 3 Pro

So, if you want regular high performance thin Windows laptop --> Surface Laptop is best chose

Do you have another reasons?? Please write it down...

Last edited:

machapman

May 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm more interested in weight than how thin it is. I also want something that is robust and can survive everyday handling. I don't understand this preoccupation with thinness at the expense of useability.
A similar thing happened with mobile phones some time ago before smartphones appeared; everyone wanted to have the smallest phone and they got ridiculously small. Nowadays people view small phones as cheap, so people want phones so big they are equally as inconvenient as those old time micro cellphones.

dwarfsize

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the amount of support would be a good reason why you should consider a Surface laptop. Microsoft will care about the people buying their first party hardware. If you're close to a Microsoft Store, their customer service is excellent

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. like machapman im also interested in the weight of the laptop. my current macbook pro from 2012 is 4.5 pounds. not immensely heavy but compared to the surface laptop its noticeably lighter, and easier to carry in my backpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon