Mac users buying a Surface Laptop?

Pepe Ruiz

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone! New user here.
I'm a long time user of Apple products (I'm a graphic designer). I own an iPad, iMac, iPhone, iPod and I'm happy with them. For work reasons I'm in the need of a laptop so I could work anywhere and I've preordered a Surface Laptop i7 8 Gb. I've put my hands on it in the Microsoft Store and looks really cool, thin, ultra light and a great design (way better than the MacBook).
Any other professionals and / or graphic designers in my position?
Any graphic designer working on a daily basis on surface products can share his / her experience?
I'm very excited but a little concerned if would be a good idea in the long term.
Thanks to everybody in advance.
Pepe

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hey there. im currently typing this reply to you on my macbook pro. i am not a graphic designer so i cant share my experience, but with the surface laptop and assuming you upgrade to windows 10 s, there are more software options available. one thing that will benefit greatly is the ability to use the surface pen, which ive heard is a great addition. i dont know about drawing on a surface with a tilt that high, but im sure it can be done. of course, you can always just wait a few more days for the surface event in china where its rumored the new iteration of the surface pro will be revealed. its not a laptop but that one seems more fit for people in your field (i remember seeing videos of comic book artists/drawers use the surface pro for their work).

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I do not know what exactly are your works as a graphic designer. But you can also consider the recently unveiled Surface Pro. I think it's more for artists than a Surface Laptop is. Especially if youre more into pen and tablet mode and stuffs. Depends on your needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo