Hi everyone! New user here.
    I'm a long time user of Apple products (I'm a graphic designer). I own an iPad, iMac, iPhone, iPod and I'm happy with them. For work reasons I'm in the need of a laptop so I could work anywhere and I've preordered a Surface Laptop i7 8 Gb. I've put my hands on it in the Microsoft Store and looks really cool, thin, ultra light and a great design (way better than the MacBook).
    Any other professionals and / or graphic designers in my position?
    Any graphic designer working on a daily basis on surface products can share his / her experience?
    I'm very excited but a little concerned if would be a good idea in the long term.
    Thanks to everybody in advance.
    Pepe
    matt7709 likes this.
    05-20-2017 06:47 PM
    hey there. im currently typing this reply to you on my macbook pro. i am not a graphic designer so i cant share my experience, but with the surface laptop and assuming you upgrade to windows 10 s, there are more software options available. one thing that will benefit greatly is the ability to use the surface pen, which ive heard is a great addition. i dont know about drawing on a surface with a tilt that high, but im sure it can be done. of course, you can always just wait a few more days for the surface event in china where its rumored the new iteration of the surface pro will be revealed. its not a laptop but that one seems more fit for people in your field (i remember seeing videos of comic book artists/drawers use the surface pro for their work).
    Pepe Ruiz likes this.
    05-20-2017 07:33 PM
    If you own a lot of mac stuff consider looking at the Surface migration assistant for mac users. https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-s...witch-surface/
    Pepe Ruiz likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:20 PM
    Hi! I do not know what exactly are your works as a graphic designer. But you can also consider the recently unveiled Surface Pro. I think it's more for artists than a Surface Laptop is. Especially if youre more into pen and tablet mode and stuffs. Depends on your needs.
    Pepe Ruiz likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:32 PM
    If you own a lot of mac stuff consider looking at the Surface migration assistant for mac users. https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-s...witch-surface/
    thanks jaimitofrog for this link. thankfully i only need to transfer music so i wouldnt need to use this but good to know this tool exists.
    Pepe Ruiz likes this.
    05-24-2017 12:20 AM
    Great!! Thanks for that, didn't know that one.
    Pepe Ruiz likes this.
    05-24-2017 12:35 PM