$999 with intel HD graphic? Why?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It's exactly like many others have already said, it's not meant to be a powerful laptop, but a portable laptop with a long battery life and amazing mobility. Also let's not forget the huge improvement in Intel HD graphics, they are pretty good, can handle a lot, so if you are not looking for a gaming rig, you will be happy with the integrated graphics card Intel HD.

ayrton i agree. if you need something that can push out high framerates then this is definitely not the computer to buy. its just not possible due to the internal limitations. the intel hd integrated graphics can handle a great amount of rendering though, as it has to already handle 3d rendering or fast processing on top of touch inputs, so we will see what apps come up to test the hd graphics.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
ayrton i agree. if you need something that can push out high framerates then this is definitely not the computer to buy. its just not possible due to the internal limitations. the intel hd integrated graphics can handle a great amount of rendering though, as it has to already handle 3d rendering or fast processing on top of touch inputs, so we will see what apps come up to test the hd graphics.

Exactly, I was surprised by pretty quick render times when it comes to some basic full hd videos.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, I was surprised by pretty quick render times when it comes to some basic full hd videos.

exactly. its rather smooth playback with hd videos, and a handful of games should be good with rendering. its not the best of the best for graphics processing but if you know that going in to buying an ultrabook then youll understand the compromises.

LawdNikon

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Yea Intel's HD Graphics are fine for a laptop w/ the intended use(s) of the Surface Laptop. I used to play all sorts of steam games on my SP3 and that had HD graphics 5000 I believe. It is def not meant for a dedicated gaming/video editing laptop. Grab a Razor or the Surface Book if that's what you are looking for.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually I would love to see an ultrabook with Nvidia GTX1050 card. I believe it's doable as much as it would most definitely satisfy all my gaming needs.

Ali Jradeh

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
intel graphics is fine with laptops this thin and these laptops aren't for gaming .
Mobility and performance(not gaming performance) are the two important factors for this kind of laptops .
Manufactures will trade off between these two factors .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss