Surface Laptop or Surface Pro (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeisonDiasF

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Today MS Announced the new Surface Pro and it looks amazing, but MS is calling it a notebook/laptop on their ad, not a tablet that can replace your pc.
Knowing this, what would you choose? Surface Laptop or Surface Pro?

I love laptop form factory, so I would be with this one.

Chris002

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
It all depends on what you need. The Surface Pro is handy if you need a tablet or tablet functionality. For example if you want to watch some you tube video's in the couch, if you like to take notes with a with a Surface Pen in class or if you like to draw sketches i guess the Surface Pro is the device for you. However if your looking just for a conventional laptop I would go for the Surface laptop. I think the greatest advantage is the firmly attached keyboard. If your on the train for example its not always easy to find a surface to place your keyboard of your Surface Pro on. Whereas with the surface laptop you can just type on your lap easily. It might also be more conformable to type on a surface laptop if you need to type a lot.

You also say the Microsoft doesn't advertise it as a pc replacement. I don't think they should. Beceause it isn't. For me there is nothing more comfortable than working an a dektop. The big screen the keyboard the unlimited power of the desktop. Only if you would use a dock or something and attach a keyboard, mouse and screen it would be comparable. A laptop or a Surface tablet are handy if you need to move a lot and need your pc on the go like when going to school.

And lastly i would choose the Surface laptop because its handy on the train and I am not much of a tablet guy anyway.

donaldvc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface Book but if I had to replace it with either the Pro or the Surface Laptop, I would go for the former because of its flexibility and improved pen support - still a difficult choice ??????

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. ill go with the surface laptop. i want the burgundy model; there is only one configuration available which is $1299 before taxes. guess how much isthe surface pro with the same configuration minus the type cover? $1299.

Rafael Martins1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
To tell you the truth, both are excellent, but I find the line "Pro" more practical. What is good is that there is a version for all tastes, with the line "Pro", "Laptop", "Book" and "Studio".

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
To tell you the truth, both are excellent, but I find the line "Pro" more practical. What is good is that there is a version for all tastes, with the line "Pro", "Laptop", "Book" and "Studio".

rafael i agree! its nice to see microsoft is trying to target as many people as possible by creating devices that have their own great ways to be used.

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I just got my surface pro 4 and I love it however I'm now wishing I had the lap top because of the kick stand. But I do love tablet mode. Overall I just wish it would sync when my iPhone

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
In the end it's just about what you prefer. If you want a tablet and incredible mobility, you'll go for Pro. If you want a traditional laptop, very long battery life and you are not too heavy user, you'll do well with Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo