I wish there was more ink/pen apps

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
hey kashgohel, in my case i get frustrated typing on a screen haha. i like to feel physical keys so i can see myself preferring writing over typing. i think if you were in the zone (like if youre sketching something) and a message notification comes in, since youre already holding the pen it makes sense to continue using it in the messaging app to reply then switch back to drawing.

Haha you have a point. Hopefully the transcribing software works well coz my handwriting is a mess. :p

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Haha you have a point. Hopefully the transcribing software works well coz my handwriting is a mess. :p

hey man, my handwriting is a mess too haha. :p if the technology to transcribe writing into text in any app comes out, that would be quite interesting.

btw in my previous post that you quoted, i meant to type "i can see myself preferring typing over writing" :eck:

Jayesh Sharma

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Inking has not gone mainstream yet. The experience on most of the devices is not up to the mark. With the advent of better technology (following Surface's lead) , we will see wide integration of inking into apps and services.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Inking has not gone mainstream yet. The experience on most of the devices is not up to the mark. With the advent of better technology (following Surface's lead) , we will see wide integration of inking into apps and services.

i sure hope so since more people know how to use a pen than type and i think a pen fuels creativity stronger than a traditional keyboard and mouse setup. im interested in what other kinds of apps will come up using inking. i know if my nieces had tablets with inking capabilities they would love to go creative on it.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't mind some OS support in win10m for inking, or some more apps that are full UWP (other than freshpaint), because I have a capacitive stylys that would be great for jotting notes down with on my phone

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
good luck getting Google to support Microsoft tech. You'll see inking in Chromebooks and Android before it's in Chrome for Windows. Chrome is still a sucky or practically non-existent touch experience even though it works well for touch in Android and ChromeOS.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind some OS support in win10m for inking, or some more apps that are full UWP (other than freshpaint), because I have a capacitive stylys that would be great for jotting notes down with on my phone

hey there. inking for windows 10 mobile would be a really cool feature, even a fantastic selling point, but dont you think its quite difficult to write on a screen as small as a smart phone?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
hey there. inking for windows 10 mobile would be a really cool feature, even a fantastic selling point, but dont you think its quite difficult to write on a screen as small as a smart phone?

Well I had no trouble using it with my battery powered capacitive pen for some basic sketching. It works quite well because as with a small notepad you don't press on the screen to write with your hand.

I guess its not ideal for long form writing using ink, but brief to do notes, or even short texts would be nice. We've just been told that swiftkey would be becoming a universal windows keyboard including both swipe and pen across all windows OSes, so that means "wordflow" for tablets, and writing for mobile, which is a nice twist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb