Citrix Receiver UWP - Good news for Surface Laptop

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
https://www.windowscentral.com/citrix-receiver-updated-universal-windows-10-app

This is great news for businesses who want to deploy Windows 10S and Windows 10 mobile as the app also supports continuum.

The timing is also perfect for the upcoming Surface Laptop release.

If you close your eyes, you can definitely see the vision Microsoft has in mind for Windows 10. It may not happen today, or next year... But I am confident that they will eventually get there.

Last edited:

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hey ttsoldier, i saw the news headline this morning but i didnt know what citrix is so i wasnt excited. but after reading the article, i can see why there is excitement. since windows 10 s is supposed to be more secure, that comes at the expense of limiting its user to what apps can be installed but having a virtual machine means the user is able to access the company's desktop environment/apps/etc. while staying in the more secure windows 10 s. correct?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hey ttsoldier, i saw the news headline this morning but i didnt know what citrix is so i wasnt excited. but after reading the article, i can see why there is excitement. since windows 10 s is supposed to be more secure, that comes at the expense of limiting its user to what apps can be installed but having a virtual machine means the user is able to access the company's desktop environment/apps/etc. while staying in the more secure windows 10 s. correct?

Correct. It's not a big plus (or any kind of plus) for your average consumer. But it's big for those in the corporate environment.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Correct. It's not a big plus (or any kind of plus) for your average consumer. But it's big for those in the corporate environment.

cool cool. that is big for corporate environment. it also seems more secure than having things stored locally in employees computers. does citrix allow for login access too? if so then youd have to log in to the laptop, then in to citrix which is double security. good stuff especially for companies maintaining lots of sensitive data worth a lot.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Great news indeed and I think that if more business apps come to the Windows Store more businesses are going to want a Surface Laptop since it's light, thin, portable, has long battery life and looks great.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Great news indeed and I think that if more business apps come to the Windows Store more businesses are going to want a Surface Laptop since it's light, thin, portable, has long battery life and looks great.

those are fantastic qualities for a laptop, all positives that will hopefully push sales of the product within enterprise. im sure more business apps will make their way to the windows store. its so much easier to make sure everyone is current with updates and security that way.

TheFlyingDutchBros

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Agreed, this is very exciting. I use Citrix Receiver every day for work and not having it on Windows 10 was one of the main reasons our company hasn't upgraded yet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until we make the tansition.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
those are fantastic qualities for a laptop, all positives that will hopefully push sales of the product within enterprise. im sure more business apps will make their way to the windows store. its so much easier to make sure everyone is current with updates and security that way.

Yeah given Microsoft's enterprise focus it would make sense if they would invest in that area too and at least bring a working LinkedIn app to the Store... That would certainly help with sales for enterprise :p

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah given Microsoft's enterprise focus it would make sense if they would invest in that area too and at least bring a working LinkedIn app to the Store... That would certainly help with sales for enterprise :p

i totally forgot a working linkedin app is not in the windows store yet. to microsofts credit, they bought linkedin but linkedin works independently (just like beam/mixer i think?) so i hope a great linkedin uwp app comes to the windows store eventually but wouldnt bank on it coming soon.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, this is very exciting. I use Citrix Receiver every day for work and not having it on Windows 10 was one of the main reasons our company hasn't upgraded yet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until we make the tansition.

cool! its amazing to see how one program is all it takes to prevent a whole company from upgrading. hopefully the uwp app is/will become as good or even better than the version that the company you work for is currently using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99