I posted this in a separate forum for Surface Pro 4 questions, but I was wondering if anybody could help me out. So I had a surface pro 4 that I bought in January and last month it wouldn't turn back on. I tried a variety of buttons and other techniques that the help center gave me but in the end, it wouldn't turn back on and it was replaced. I was wondering if anyone had this problem/ knew of any ways I could prevent this from happening on my new laptop. Thanks!
    05-26-2017 10:21 PM
    I posted this in a separate forum for Surface Pro 4 questions, but I was wondering if anybody could help me out. So I had a surface pro 4 that I bought in January and last month it wouldn't turn back on. I tried a variety of buttons and other techniques that the help center gave me but in the end, it wouldn't turn back on and it was replaced. I was wondering if anyone had this problem/ knew of any ways I could prevent this from happening on my new laptop. Thanks!

Defective unit.

Short of you physically mistreating the device, there is nothing you could have done to cause that. So don't worry and enjoy your surface :)
    05-26-2017 11:54 PM
    hey there, i agree with ttsoldier that there was nothing you could have done to cause that problem. thankfully this was not an error on your part but microsofts and they replaced it. theres always a few bad ones when mass producing an item.
    05-27-2017 12:51 AM