A weird charger related issue with my L950XL. Any ideas?

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I've wanted to ask this for a long time but mostly forgot about it or didn't get the time.

My 950XL has this weird issue where, it makes the charging sound when connected to it's original USB-C charger even when the adapter itself is NOT connected to the wall socket!!!

I've been using phones and especially Lumia's for a long time and this behaviour is pretty standard - You plug in the cord to the phone, with the adapter in the wall socket and soon as the switch is turned on, it starts charging and makes that classic charging sound.

But in this 950XL, that doesn't happen. Suppose I simple connect it to the adapter WITHOUT the adapter even connected to the wall socket, it will repeatedly make a charging sound every few minutes. Like a loop.

My L650 and old 535, 1020 NEVER had this. To be honest, this is nothing serious, but definitely weird.

Also, this doesn't happen if I just connect the phone to a USB-C (original cable) alone (not charger).

Any ideas as to what's happening?

P.S. I have done a hard rest via settings on 14393 before and recently did a WDRT reset on 15063 because my phone got stuck on the Bit Locker recovery screen. It's a fresh install, but still happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon