Manula Updates on Windows RT

Jody Thornton

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
Hey Folks:

I realize that updates for Windows RT are supposed to only be delivered through Windows Update. But would anyone know where a repository might exist for older monthly rollups?

I'm looking for either the November or December 2017 rollup for Windows 8.1 RT. Any help would be appreciated.
:)

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Rollups fix problems with previous updates and the ones you want have problems that have been fixed with later updates. This is why older rollups may not be presented again, they are not needed.

Jody Thornton

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
I know that @T Moore, but I find that with all versions of Windows now (and pretty much all in 2018), Microsoft update quality has suffered severely. Performance has also severely dropped. Additionally, there are Spectre/Meltdown mitigations that slow down the tablet slightly with the newest rollup. The performance dip is QUITE noticeable. I would update IE 11 and Flash (and .NET too), but the core OS is not likely to be attacked by a Spectre/Meltdown variant. Yes I know it can happen, but I'm not going to lessen performance by using an update that pretty much nullifies CPU cache to avoid the slight possibility of an attack.

I was formerly right with you on you stance on updates, but now, with telemetry, CPU blocking, and performance degradation, I'm not sure Microsoft is really on the users' side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12