Do you want a Surface Mini?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everybody

So do you want a Surface Mini?

This is properly going to be 7/8 inches and rumored to have stylus input for taking note.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I would want one. But sadly want and need are two different things.... I think it would be perfect for note taking. But I would prefer an intel atom based version.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the same sort of boat I'm in - I'd like one but I'm not sure why it would be any more useful than the phone I have in my current situation

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
YES YES AND MORE YES!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Though in all seriousness, I'm mega-psyched for this device. Be a great replacement for my HTC Flyer. But the price has gotta be right.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, I want one. Love my SPro and I just purchased the power cover, but would love a mini just to have when at work for basic media usage and reading online content. Doesnt have to be full Windows. I'd very happy with Windows RT.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
Yes! I want an 8" Surface Mini Pro real bad! I like for it to have:

1. Wacom digitizer with pen
2. 1920 x 1200 screen resolution
3. 64 gb of storage
4. 4 gb of ram
5. Support 128 gb sd card
6. Touch cover
7. USB port
8. Thin and very light

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd want one. I probably wouldn't really buy it because I have to many services already... but I'd totally still want one.

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't need a full Windows, especially on such a small screen. I got my 15" touchscreen laptop to do whatever I need on a full Windows.
My Surface RT broke (well I kinda broke it when I disassembled it haha) and I've been wanting a Surface 2 but it is just too expensive.
So if Microsoft price this Surface Mini correctly I will be buying it no doubt, I've been missing my Surface RT for way too long.

And I hope it has a Full USB 3.0 port... and as snappy as the Surface 2 because Surface RT was way too slow =v=

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to be able to sync it with my main computer. I know Microsoft is pushing the cloud pretty hard, but I'd love to conveniently have all my photos and music on a Surface Mini through syncing rather than having to access 30+gigs of files from OneDrive. Seeing how frustrated many are at the Windows Phone App, I'm not holding my breath.
That doesn't change the fact that I would love to have one!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to be able to sync it with my main computer. I know Microsoft is pushing the cloud pretty hard, but I'd love to conveniently have all my photos and music on a Surface Mini through syncing rather than having to access 30+gigs of files from OneDrive. Seeing how frustrated many are at the Windows Phone App, I'm not holding my breath.
That doesn't change the fact that I would love to have one!

I think the OneDrive thing is meant to be like the glue that keeps all your MS devices in sync. So yeah, I reckon we'll be using the OneDrive stuff for it. But I am pretty sure you can select which folders to sync on the Surface Mini and on your Windows 8 computers.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I really want one too, and will probably buy it when it comes out. However, it is getting harder and harder to convince my wife I "need" another new device. There is nothing wrong with my Surface Pro 2. But I'd like to get a mini anyway.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't help but think a surface mini will be another product Microsoft will have trouble selling. Things need to be stream lined. With the purchase of Nokia the surface and the Lumia 2520 are already over lapping. Maybe they should concentrate on fixing that issue by merging the best features of those models before just making the surface smaller.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I voted that I want one, but because I don't need one, and most likely won't purchase one. I just don't see where it would fit between my Surface 2 and 8x. The Surface 2 is the right size for carrying around with me for most places and the places it's not, my 8x fills the gap. Ironically I could see this as more of an option if I had a Surface Pro 2 instead because I would be less willing to carry it around for purely consumption reasons than a Surface 2 just because of the price difference.

That being said, if they can get it into a decent price range, $200 or less and get it out before Father's Day, a mini may be in the future for my dad. He does not have a smart phone, nor a Surface, but does have a 15" laptop. Unfortunately you go more than $200 and you might as well spend the extra, now less than $100 ($129 with touch cover), to get a 64 GB original Surface RT.

So for me, want yes, need no.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
Yes and I do not mine paying $600 if it has the features I want. To me a tablet is not mobile if it is greater than 8". I currently have the original Nexus 7 looking to upgrade to the Surface Mini.

The features I want are:
Screen resolution of at least 1920 x 1200
At least 2gb of ram
64gb and 128gb storage options
Support for 128gb sd card
Real pen support and pen
Micro USB (OTG) port
Windows 8.1 RT upgradeable to the merged version of Windows RT and Windows Phone (no desktop)
Very thin and light.

Optional features:
A dock with at least 2 USB ports, keyboard port and monitor port. The dock should also charge the tablet.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Jerry Maler

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I will buy a Surface Mini! I was just about to pull the trigger on a Samsung note 8 when rumors about the Surface Mini appeared. I am a lifelong Microsoft guy so the mini is just right for me.

I would like to see it have voice cellular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism