Surface mini running WoA

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Obviously the best form factor for an always connected device with telephony (ie WoA), is a compact one.

Something around 8.9 inches IMO is my ideal for legacy win32, especially if they introduce cshell to make the interface even friendly (Minimum size to not be fiddly on legacy apps, maximum size to fit comfortably in one hand).

Would be an excellent "bag device" for those who want a little more power/better display and functionality than what a phone can do.

I did wonder with fluent design and windows new focus via mixed reality on "depth", if a 3d screen might be possible (like the Nintendo 3ds but improved) - seeing as such 3d technologies are distance dependant, and one always holds a tablet close.

And if they could add augmented reality features via sensors and camera (like some upcoming phones), this combination would make such a device a sort of limited portal to MSFTs new mixed reality realm (like HoloLens software), and an advance on technology.

It would also look amazing with the depth features of FDS, and bring some serious "wow".

Clearly such a device would also need a pen - because not everyone will want to have an attached keyboard. And a bundled earpiece would be key, or some other accessory for taking calls.

Unlike others I am not fussed on this anti-bezel business.

Also, seeing as Cortana is on the rise, I would want dual microphones and a decent speaker. This device may as well be a Cortana focused device as well. In fact I think we should start to see dual microphones in all new devices.

What would you like to see in a Surface Mini running Windows on ARM?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I added my idea as feedback. They are probably sick of my unsolicited products suggestions by now :p But I think its a great idea. Crosses over with HoloLens and mixed reality and the invoke.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism