81 86.17%
  • No, I wanted more

4 4.26%
  • I am satisfied wil my current device

9 9.57%
11-05-2013 08:20 AM
42 12
tools
    I like the Surface Pro 2 , seems to better in many departments and this time the app situation is a lot better than before. Share your opinion on it below.
    stmav and unstoppablekem like this.
    09-23-2013 11:35 AM
    The improvement to the Surface pro and the accessories are impressive. And the docking station is a very nice touch. So far I like what's going on. Can't wait to see some hands on and get more information.
    crash1989 likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:38 AM
    I agree with the points from stmav. I love they basically improved every aspect to make it just that much better. Now they're getting closer and closer to the courier via "covers". MS has opened alot of potential with this iteration. I'll be a happy buyer comes d-day.
    crash1989 likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:41 AM
    I'm excited but want to see the price points tomorrow at pre-order. I'd want to go the route of 256Gig with 8Gb of ram. Also the new accessories really sell it. The simple fact that MS is pushing a car charger with USB...That makes this a REAL mobile solution for me.
    crash1989 likes this.
    09-23-2013 12:26 PM
    I like the Surface Pro 2, just wish it brought some design and hardware improvements of the Surface 2. New camera, dual microphone, cooler look, etc.
    crash1989 and jlzimmerman like this.
    09-24-2013 06:54 PM
    The 8GB memory is the deal-maker for me, and I'm getting the 8GB/256GB variant.

I didn't vote by the way, because I don't think it is awesome, but I want it.
    09-24-2013 09:05 PM
    I cannot pick any of the options. My preference is the Lenovo Yoga 2.
    09-24-2013 09:07 PM
    I like it, but I also like the surface I got. Don't see any reason to upgrade, but I do want me a glowey-blue type keyboard.
    09-24-2013 10:08 PM
    Surface Pro 2 is the fastest Ultrabook :D and its sexy.
    09-24-2013 11:43 PM
    I prefer a white one !!
    It's soooo beautifu l!!!
    Why only surface 2 has a white version?
    White surface pro 2 PLZ~!!!!
    09-25-2013 03:36 AM
    I've been wanting a Pro since it came out, but two factors kept me from buying: price and battery life.

Well, the 2nd generation has addressed the battery life issue, and as for price? I'm treating it like what it is: a full tablet and laptop replacement. I'm going to purchase an external monitor to connect to at home, then a simple unplug is required when I go out and about. It should be a stupendous replacement for my aging first Gen iPad and two and a half year old laptop. Looking forward to it.

One question: how do you have one already?! So jealous!
    09-25-2013 05:45 AM
    I've been wanting a Pro since it came out, but two factors kept me from buying: price and battery life.

Well, the 2nd generation has addressed the battery life issue, and as for price? I'm treating it like what it is: a full tablet and laptop replacement. I'm going to purchase an external monitor to connect to at home, then a simple unplug is required when I go out and about. It should be a stupendous replacement for my aging first Gen iPad and two and a half year old laptop. Looking forward to it.

One question: how do you have one already?! So jealous!
    whom are u referring to :D , if it is me, no i dont have one yet.
    09-25-2013 05:59 AM
    It looks great but I'm curious to find out how well it handles when placed on a lap with a type cover 2.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    09-25-2013 06:08 AM
    Love it. Just pre-ordered Pro 2 with 256.
    09-25-2013 09:09 AM
    It looks great but I'm curious to find out how well it handles when placed on a lap with a type cover 2.
    This!
    09-25-2013 10:45 AM
    Satisfied with Surface Pro 2, but not with the price for the 256gb and 512gb options.
    accasey likes this.
    09-25-2013 01:04 PM
    The thing I like most is the haswell upgrade that dramatically improves battery life- this is what was needed most. Two position stand is also a nice addition as well as the docking station. I obviously haven't tried the new type cover but the fact they continue to improve their design is certainly welcome.

What I'm on the fence about is the 1080p resolution. I thought it looked okay last year but assumed they would bump it up for this years model since everyone else has (2013 nexus 7, Kindle Fire Hd(x), etc). It is a smaller screen so its not a deal breaker, but a little disappointing considering what else is out there.

I was also hoping they would lower the price and/or include the type cover this year. I know its high quality and has solid specs blah blah, but look at the new wave of win 8 laptops coming out at really good prices. Its probably only a matter of time before they knock $100 off the price since these aren't poised to do much better than last year.
    09-25-2013 01:06 PM
    whom are u referring to :D , if it is me, no i dont have one yet.
    Gah, brain fart. I was standing outside at 6:30am in early morning autumn chill, and I somehow misread somebody's post as them saying they had one. No idea who, but someone. My bad.
    09-25-2013 09:58 PM
    I like what I see, why is the dock so expensive?

I guess it does more than the foam cup in my avatar (and the PlayBook for that matter) but $200? does it make the surface fly?
    09-27-2013 08:34 AM
    Not that impressed with the SP2, would have liked a reduction in weight and thickness and also updates to the design (round off the sharp edges), updated cameras and dual mics. Haswell upgrade was expected. Also would have liked to have seen magnets added so the covers could attach to the chassis instead of dangling underneath, very inelegant.

The accessories on the other hand, are exciting and show real improvements from the originals and are the highlight of the Surface range for me. Passing on this for the XPS11 or something closer to 11".
    09-27-2013 04:31 PM
    Today I pre ordered a Surface Pro 128GB from a retailer as there is only one Microsoft store and that's at the other end of my country.
    I think it will meet my needs admirably. Isn't that what it's all about.
    I have been reading everything I can about it and watching all the videos.
    The iPad 3 is going to a family member. It now seems so dated and I don't see any advantage in iOS 7 either. In fact it seems slower since I updated.
    Last edited by Leahtt; 09-29-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    09-27-2013 07:26 PM
    I am unfortunately satisfied with my current device, so I can't justify such a purchase. My Samsung slate is still perfectly capable of doing everything I do with it.
    09-27-2013 07:43 PM
    Overall, I'm satisfied with what it has to offer.
    If I had to nitpick on some missing features, they would probably be lack of NFC, lack of GPS, and lack of Wireless A/C. Of course none of these things are truly needed, but NFC especially would have helped me a little bit. I can see GPS being added to the LTE version, though again GPS can be tracked through WiFi also (though not as accurately). Wireless A/C is still new so I understand them not putting it on there just yet.

Overall, it's a beast.
    09-29-2013 04:41 AM
    Let me start out by saying that I applaud Microsoft for taking the plunge into these hardware devices. I'd love to be able to get this feedback back to the development team. The following is based on the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 (as I have little interest and no experience with RT). I bought a Surface Pro 128 when they first came out and have been very happy with it. Its replaced my Macbook as my primary work machine due to the ease of using Windows based tools in a corporate environment. Battery life was an issue, but not a show stopper (I just have to carry my power brick everywhere). I was very happy with the device. Here is feedback based on my experiences:

The battery keyboard cover was teased several months ago. They just now announced it and it's not even ready for shipment yet. This should have been a priority based on customer feedback on battery life and should already be out. In fact, the vehicle power adapter should have come out soon after the battery criticism started. I'm sure this would have helped sales on the initial Surface Pro. I plan to buy one or more or both the day they are released.

Windows 8.1 Preview solved many of my annoyances with Windows 8 and greatly improved my user experience... EXCEPT it took away my beloved Messaging app.

It would be nice if you could download the recovery partition just in case you loose it or have a corrupt copy on the flash drive (1st hand experience). Thank god for the great staff at the Microsoft Store in San Diego for their patience in helping me resolve that issue.

The Power adapter is AWESOME. I never knew how much I needed the USB port on the power brick. A second USB port would be nice, but not if it causes it to be any bigger. I love the fact they use the magnetic coupler for the connection to the Surface Pro. As a long term Macbook Pro user I have grown to love that feature (forgive me for loving both products). The Surface Pro needs more refinement here. The magnet should be stronger and the edges of the connector rounded a bit so it fits more easily in the recess on the Surface Pro. With any apple product, you just have to get the adapter close and it jumps into the recess. I have to fiddle sometimes to get it in the Surface Pro. Great freature, just needs polish to be perfect.

Advertisements and specs should clearly address total and free hard drive space to reduce confusion and critisicm. I didn't have an issue with it, but many do and it seems that it's easy to address up front and put this issue to rest. Along that note, I think it was a mistake to introduce the original Pro in 64gb and 128bd versions. It should have started with 128 as the low end model (same price point as the 64gb model) and gone up from there. 64 is just not enough for a Windows users. I struggle with 128. I know there is MicroSD, but that maxes out right now at 64gb, again not enough.

Why do they have the 4gb and 8gb RAM as options on the Surface Pro 2? Why not just standardize them all with 8gb at the 4gb price? RAM is cheap. It's good for battery life. It reduces the number of models you have to build and stock, thereby reducing risks and cost. Surface Pro is 64 bit and can handle the extra RAM. It helps with cost criticisms. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Yaaaay for backlight keys on the new keyboards!!! As a long time Apple user, I've learned to love this feature. This should be standard on EVERY keyboard! Thank you also for the docking station and the better battery life on the Surface Pro 2!

Wish list:
    Dual Micro SD slots on the device
    Worldwide LTE as an option
    USB 3 hub specifically for the Surface Pro. No cable, just plugs into the side, looks like an extension on the Surface Pro, and gives you an extra couple USB ports and maybe even another MicroSD or two.
    An option for a Surface Pro with a slightly larger screen.
    Speakers should be louder.
    $100 to $200 less for each model.

One last note: I am also a Windows Phone 8 user (bought a Lumina 920 at launch and love it). The Windows Phone 8 store is much more developed than the Windows 8 store. I'd suggest a Windows Phone Emulator (similar to Bluestacks for Android apps) be made available so we can run these Windows Phone 8 apps that we already purchased on Windows 8. In fact, it would be nice to run two side by side, almost like Widgets on the desktop in Windows 7. Just a thought. This would make users like me very happy until we get to the point where there is one common app and app store for all of the Microsoft products.

Microsoft, keep up the good work. The hybrid laptop/tablet that is the Surface Pro is a great product for consumers like me who want one device that can give them the tablet experience at times and the laptop exerience at others.
    Great deal and csiguy1 like this.
    10-03-2013 10:43 AM
    What I'm on the fence about is the 1080p resolution. I thought it looked okay last year but assumed they would bump it up for this years model since everyone else has (2013 nexus 7, Kindle Fire Hd(x), etc). It is a smaller screen so its not a deal breaker, but a little disappointing considering what else is out there.
    I'm so sick of hearing this. For the screen size of the pro, the resolution is just fine. I think that this screen resolution battle is just bogus. So what, I can distinguish individual pixels from six inches away. I can understand doing this on phones where you are more likely holding it close to your face. But I'm never closer than a foot and a half from my pro and the screen is nice and crisp. I'd rather have the more than adequate screen resolution over an extremely high-res screen eating more battery life with negligible benefits.
    WillysJeepMan and jlzimmerman like this.
    10-03-2013 09:08 PM
42 12