Remix Project

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else pumped about the music remix project they showed off? I think it looks awesome, really hoping Microsoft gets into releasing multitrack recording tools for the platform as I could see myself using it frequently. Not sure if this will work on Surface Rt/2.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, it looks like an amazing tool and should be available to all windows 8 devices including RT models.

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it's cool and has potential, but I also think it's more proof of concept. MS isn't really in the Music/DJ software business, there are plenty of companies that are and if those such as Traktor / Serato made a Windows 8 app that uses the remix cover, that would be amazing.

Not only amazing, but encourages software dev's to embrace Windows 8/RT. So I can see a situation where custom covers can be ordered by companies/devs. Loads of potential there!

But whilst I think that's true, it may never happen. Anyone remember SideShow? Huge potential, but no one supported it. So what really needs to happen is, the next generation of Touch Cover needs to have eInk. So anyone can make an app with it's own 'virtual cover'.

If they did that, they could truly realise, or at least get closer to, the Courier vision.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I will definitely be getting this if it works with the RT. I hope to see programs like FruityLoops take advantage of it. I write music for an alternative/metal band but also like to throw in electronic pieces. I can't wait.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I hope to see programs like FruityLoops take advantage of it. I write music for an alternative/metal band but also like to throw in electronic pieces. I can't wait.

Same here, use FL to create tempos and electronic beats and combo that into using Cubase to record my live instruments. I think this tool would be great to accompany or even for my sake eventually eliminate the need for FL. I think they've got a great idea here and hope they devote some R&D into more music add-ons for the Surface.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, if there was/is a way to set a DJ interface pad not through USB as is currently done and bulky, I would cream my jeans.. Hoping software comes out to enable 808/909 style tap recording & looping. This could be a game changer!!

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
With this new keyboard technology. The should create a app to configure it they way that we want by software. Just lights the keyboard differently according with the use.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
With this new keyboard technology. The should create a app to configure it they way that we want by software. Just lights the keyboard differently according with the use.

im sure if they continue investing and making Remix a real product instead of project that will happen....much like midi devices and mapping samples/loops.

Man, I really hope this thing takes off

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
As has been mentioned, there is a lot of potential in this. App makers can now also produce a blade/cover to be the physical extension of their app - like remix, business transactions, etc. I hope this takes off, there is a lot of potential here.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
First they have to add midi to RT...

Midi is dated and was only used as an example. Much like the other drum pad and other HW type samplers, there are tons of options available. I'm an analog guy myself, but the truth is USB is the new source even for music tools...in this new digital age.

ITs the potential we are talking here, not the way to reform legacy. I'm an older guy and excited to move ahead, lets hope the developers catch on.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Midi is dated and was only used as an example. Much like the other drum pad and other HW type samplers, there are tons of options available. I'm an analog guy myself, but the truth is USB is the new source even for music tools...in this new digital age.

ITs the potential we are talking here, not the way to reform legacy. I'm an older guy and excited to move ahead, lets hope the developers catch on.

No offense please but I don't think you have any idea as to what midi really is.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
No offense please but I don't think you have any idea as to what midi really is.

I know I use midi as an input source for my microkorg and sy55, as well as an input for my electronic drums and half way digital amp for my kick to my mixer which is fed to my 1010lt. I know midi is an old technology but still used today, and the raise/hype of midi controllers has taken off in the last decade...but I never cared to take full interest as I prefer my onboard synths.

How do you use midi with FL?

Last edited:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
in any case, if my statement was incorrect i'll admit fault to excuse the debate. Lets keep this on topic to discuss other cool ways or tools that cant be used with the REmix or similar to Remix style add-ons.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if this would allow integration into Reason or Fruity Loops, it would be AWESOME!!

Make sure to check the page..

http://surfaceremixproject.com/

I'm excited!!!!

I went to the page, its got an outline of the remix pad hooked up to a surface...but when I click on the screen it just plays the linkin park DJ guy trailer...is there more to it? I'm trying this off my L920.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro