Is there an i7 surface pro 2 coming?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
no. the difference between i5 and i7 is miniscule anyway and is usually not worth the price difference unless you have professional applications that take advantage of hyper-threading.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
no. the difference between i5 and i7 is miniscule anyway and is usually not worth the price difference unless you have professional applications that take advantage of hyper-threading.

Well that stinks. It just so happens I do have applications like 3d apps, CAD apps and others that do take advantage of hyper threading.

PeterFnet

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I would think it would require more GPU power than CPU. Unless you're using AutoDesk products that in general take way too many resources, CPU and GPU.
I'd suggest going to the software site and see if the new specs are good enough

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In those apps hyperthreading helps, but it's not that big of a performance increase. Perhaps 10% performance increase for a lot more money. In a device like the surface pro, that shouldn't be a deal breaker. Just being able to run that workload on a tablet form factor device is amazing and surface pro 2 should run it pretty well even without the i7. If you make a living working in those kind of apps then I think a surface pro 2 should probably supplement a very powerful desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss