Surface 2/Pro 2 Demo Units @ MS Stores

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone mention this. FWIW, the Surface 2 /Pro 2 Unit (Store Display) are available to play with @ MS stores. Atleast , i did see in King Of Prussia store. Didn't play much with it, but going to go back and see over the weekend.

So, if u have a MS store nearby, go and check it out. By the way, they also have the new touch and type cover.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There are demo units at the Yorkdale (Toronto, Canada) store as well. I wonder if any Best Buy has them out on the floor?

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ive been calling Bestbuy everyday asking them if they have demo units, no luck yet : / and the nearest Microsoft store is 3 hours away.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
yeh I work at best buy, I don't think they are coming in store for a good while. I'll let you know when I hear something!

lafester

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
If someone could check one out and see if it runs cooler then the current sp that would be great.
Was over at bb today and the sp was pretty warm. of course its running that demo program all day...

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If someone could check one out and see if it runs cooler then the current sp that would be great.
Was over at bb today and the sp was pretty warm. of course its running that demo program all day...

Yes, the Surface Pro 2 definitely runs cooler than the first Surface Pro. I had videos playing while surfing the internet and it only felt a tiny bit warm.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
They are available at the Microsoft Store Bellevue Square location in Bellevue, WA.

i love the new look of the Surface 2. The Surface Pro 2, looks almost exactly the same as the Surface Pro 1. The kickstand feature is also pretty neat, I wonder how durable it is with having it at two clicks.

The most wanted accessory for me is the powercover, they do not have it as a demo yet. They do have the new type and touch covers. I noticed the touch covers is much better at typing. I might consider picking one up myself :)

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
In San Antonio they had the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. This was the day after reservations started. I was asking about reservations then they whipped out both devices. I pre orded the Surface Pro 2. It's a thing of beauty. Though the Surface 2's size and weight is much more desirable, I need the full OS to run legacy apps.

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i was in a store they are on display. i took a quick test on the battery for the pro it will run a little over 6.5 hrs at normal use on full screen brightness

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss