An Article Obvious of Bias and Ignorance

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Look at this filth *facepalm*

FIRST TAKE: Surface Pro 2 lacks dramatic innovation

FIRST TAKE: Surface Pro 2 lacks dramatic innovation

SEATTLE ? The latest iteration of Microsoft's would-be iPad killer, the Surface Pro 2, will have upgraded hardware, primarily a processing chip and camera.

And it will have an attractive price point, something Microsoft already is promoting via a big budget ad campaign tied to NFL football games.

But will that be enough to light a fire under Surface sales? Jack Gold, analyst at J. Gold Associates, is skeptical.

"I don't see much incentive for people to buy these devices," opines Gold. "Yes, the devices are cheaper than the iPads, but is that enough reason? They certainly aren't price competitive with all the new Android tabs set to come out later this year."

The new Android tablets should have the same chips as the Surface Pro 2. And those TV ads denigrating the iPad for not having an attachable keyboard and USB port may actually rekindle negative visceral responses in some.

"Seems like MSFT is just maintaining the traditional PC mantra ? keep upgrading the chip and hardware a little bit every year at a slightly lower price," says Gold. "They needed to do something that was innovative beyond the first gen, and I don't see that in these devices. I think they'll continue to sell a few, but I don't think this will dramatically alter their sales trajectory."

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Email them a photo of a mini tablet (am not naming anything, but its the same design, just a bit smaller), tell them its a prototype.

And next thing you know, a blog article with a gazillion comments, and the article will read.

"It does not have HDMI, or NFC or even bluetooth for heavens sake, but it looks cute and everybody SHOULD have it, please follow this link to pre-order"

(Each sale gets them a few dollars)

You feel me?

I seriously feel, if tomorrow Microsoft comes up with a shoe (yeah I have a wild imagination), this website will push in the same product/manufacturer that I am talking about above. It doesn't matter if its related to the shoe, every article needs to have its name.

Something like this, I hate the internet now.

4dd3458caf7a1_1.JPG

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Do none of these publications perform homework before writing an article?...they're clearing talking about the Surface 2, but keep referring to the Surface PRO 2.

"I don't see much incentive for people to buy these devices," opines Gold. "Yes, the devices are cheaper than the iPads, but is that enough reason? They certainly aren't price competitive with all the new Android tabs set to come out later this year."

How can these be taken seriously?...People can have their opinions, but at least get the facts straight.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Do none of these publications perform homework before writing an article?...they're clearing talking about the Surface 2, but keep referring to the Surface PRO 2.

How can these be taken seriously?...People can have their opinions, but at least get the facts straight.

Lol, I think some unpaid intern wrote this article.
I don't know how much traffic that site pulls, quite sure a decent chunk.
If there happens to be a crowd of people who decide a purchase on the basis of 1 article (I know there are a lot of people)
They'll drop the MS product from their list for sure.
Shouldn't MS be doing something about it? (Remember the Lumia Flattery tweet?)

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I read Mary Jo Foley's blog daily. EVERY article she writes is polluted with negative stuff about Microsoft, and what ever device she is writing about, in the comment section. It gets so bad I stopped reading the comments from readers. I tweeted Mary Jo about it and she acknowledged the routine negative comments and she too stopped reading them. You have to wonder if Microsoft's competition as blog readers on salary that post negative comments in all the Microsoft blogs. Same way with some of these so called "tech writers".

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It's cool to hate Microsoft, didn't you know? We are in the post PC era, which is known as the 'tech company ****** era'. Just ignore 'em.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I read Mary Jo Foley's blog daily. EVERY article she writes is polluted with negative stuff about Microsoft, and what ever device she is writing about, in the comment section. It gets so bad I stopped reading the comments from readers. I tweeted Mary Jo about it and she acknowledged the routine negative comments and she too stopped reading them. You have to wonder if Microsoft's competition as blog readers on salary that post negative comments in all the Microsoft blogs. Same way with some of these so called "tech writers".

Absolutely. Sammy was caught red-handed doing this to HTC a few months back. Just look at some of the things that get written here. They are obviously meant to smear WP, MSFT, and Nokia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05