Going to Microsoft Store tomorrow-Anything you want me to check?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
One of my common ways of holding the RT is sticking my hand between the kickstand and the back of the tablet. I'm worried the adjustable kickstand will mess it up. See if this is still doable for me please. I hope both positions have a way of locking in place.

It seems a bit sturdy if you don't apply too much pressure. If you do, it will probably go in the other position. But it doesn't go from one position to another easily, like if you tap it, it won't go, you need a bit of pressure.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was able to test the kickstands on both devices, and they seemed fine. I liked both positions. They wouldn't let me try to put it on my lap, as there was only one pro and one rt and they were wired up. And they had no music covers, just the type cover 2 and touch cover 2, in black. I liked them a lot. The tactile response was a little less than last years, which I don't like, but it became thinner and backlit, so I'm fine.

So I answered the first peoples questions.

It seems a bit sturdy if you don't apply too much pressure. If you do, it will probably go in the other position. But it doesn't go from one position to another easily, like if you tap it, it won't go, you need a bit of pressure.

alright, sounds good. Thank you for testing that out since that was one of my biggest concens. Bummer about the music covers, I've been wanting to see one of those in action.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got my own series of questions I've garnered, and I'm saving them for my local Store's even on the 17th. Very excited, but thanks for the offer. I'll check back and see if you could find answers to some of my questions, though. I don't want to overwhelm Panos with too many questions. ^_^

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized you already made your visit. But still, much appreciated.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
For the lap thing, I think that they might let me do it at my store, they are VERY lax about people moving around the surfaces. I'll add the info when I return.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Check out the 3d printers. Our store in SLC got one....just cool to see IRL.

Those things are neat. My local Microsoft Store made a wrench out of one, it actually worked! However, I'm already going broke with my upcoming purchase of a Surface Pro 2, so I can't afford any $2,100 printers for the time being. ^_^

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm at the MS store, and it is actually very nice to type on your lap, and the speakers are defenently an improvement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss