Has anyone else been charged for their Surface Pro 2 pre order?

slowboy920

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same here, CC charged and received shipping info. I was on the Oct 29th shipment. Does Microsoft ship overnight even if you didn't select that option?

smiem

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I preorderd a surface pro 2 256 gb on 9/24 with a ship date of 10/21. On 10/18 my bank denied it for appearing "fraudulent". I spoke with bank on 10/18 and they are now aware that it is a valid charge and says it will allow it to be re-run. As of today 10/19 it still shows in process on Microsoft website. I have not received an email that order has been cancelled and I spoke with a Microsoft rep both yesterday 10/18 and today 10/19 and they say it's still in process. Will charge be re-run? I hope so. But odd that Microsoft folks seem so clueless. Geez, what a pain in the ****. I will probably be in limbo for a while and then not get then darn thing until 2014. Which will greatly tick me off.

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Those of you that got shipping information, when did you preorder? I placed mine on the 24th and have heard nothing. I just checked paypal and it looks like they took my paypal balance but the credit transaction is still pending......what could that mean?

Last edited:

jakepi1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine 10/4. I was charged yesterday and received my tracking number early this morning (9am). I am in WI, USA. Though my tracking number is still not available on UPS.com. Anyone know where they are shipping from? Anyone have a traceable tracking number yet?

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Australia. I ordered the Surface 2 on the 24/9 but after sitting on it for a week or so i cancelled it and ordered the 128gb pro 2 with type cover 2 on the 9/10. Funds have been pending since the 14th and the dates on the order page still say ships by the 21st.

Anyone here from outside the US with confirmation emails?

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
P4W-00001 Surface 2 1 1 1
Just got this email!!!!

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hrm. I just got charged. No shipping confirmation. What's odd is I ordered the 512gb, a type cover, and one of their bluetooth mice and got different ship dates for all three. The mouse was charged, sent, and received awhile ago. The type cover is listed as shipping the 21st and the surface the 29th. I figured I'd get separate charges for each, but the charge on my business account this morning is for the cover and the surface.

Trying not to get too hopeful, but considering I just gave my current laptop away to my kid I would not be upset if my surface showed up early.

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Australia. I ordered the Surface 2 on the 24/9 but after sitting on it for a week or so i cancelled it and ordered the 128gb pro 2 with type cover 2 on the 9/10. Funds have been pending since the 14th and the dates on the order page still say ships by the 21st.

Anyone here from outside the US with confirmation emails?

I'm in Canada but haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Just says in progress. I pre ordered through future shop though.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I got a text message from my bank/credit card issuer about at "recent transaction" to call them immediately last Friday and sure enough it was for my pre-order Surface Pro 2 256GB from online Microsoft store (Canada) and told them this transaction was legit. So far this order is "in process" like you. Fingers crossed, but strange that there seems to be a pattern here with you and others. Being ticked off doesn't even describe how I felt with my bank and after the call and they offered to increase my limit even though I only use a 10th of my limit and pay full balance every month! Let's hope for the best!

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So I can confirmed I have now been charged by Microsoft for my Surface Pro 2.

I also ordered a black touch cover 2 and purple type cover 2 from PC World UK for Tuesday morning delivery before midday.

I had a couple of thoughts regarding using PC World here in the UK which have just added the Surface Pro 2 and accessories to their site.

Firstly I couldn't reserve and collect the covers, the choice was order for home delivery or store delivery and I decided home delivery is more convenient.

Secondly I would have loved to buy a Pro 2 from PC World and use the DROID5 discount code and save 5% but I wasn't sure that the dates they had were accurate or wouldn't change.

Having said that I would have probably placed an order anyway using the discount if Microsoft hadn't already charged me as I have no clue when they will deliver the surface pro 2 either as a 5% discount is worth quite a bit.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what is going on with my order.

Was given a delivery dates of October 29 for 256GB/8GB RAM SP2 but just now had email and is showing up as a pending transaction on my Amex. Does this mean I'll be getting delivery on Tuesday ? The Microsoft Store account information has been down for me for most of the day (and now) so can't check if my delivery date has changed.

Thanks for the note about the coloured type covers from PC World.

Sadly way over excited about this ! :excited:

Woods11

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada but haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Just says in progress. I pre ordered through future shop though.

I also pre ordered through future shop on 11/10, shipping date at the time was 21/10. The order still says " in progress " but haven't gotten an email with tracking info. Though got a confirmation email on the evening I pre ordered.

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my shipping notification last night. Checked the tracking number today and there is nothing yet. Does anyone get any information when they check the tracking number? Where will they ship from?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa